Has anyone heard the Klipsch KPT-415 low frequency section?

diamonddelts

Hi all,

I'm torn between keeping a pair of Jubilee bass bins, or switching to a KPT 415 low frequency section. Has anyone heard the KPT 415? Can anyone tell me how they sound with music? I have no doubt they will give me added midbass for music but I will not trade added midbass in exchange for muddy bass with music playback.

If anyone who has heard the KPT 415 can give me their thoughts on the 415's music playback performance, it would be most appreciated. Thanks.

4 hours ago, diamonddelts said:

I have no doubt they will give me added midbass for music but I will not trade added midbass in exchange for muddy bass with music playback.

No offense but I have to ask .......If you have never heard them why do you "have no doubt they will give you added midbass" ..?

I have heard the Jubilee LF versus the KPT-904 LF and KPT-415 LF all with the K402/K69A in a reasonably controlled demonstration all with active crossover setups.  My impressions was when it came to clean low distortion and accurate low frequency performance the order was Jubilee then KPT-415 followed by the KPT-904. I will also add all are very good systems if attention to setup and acoustics are taken.

I have owned the Jubilee/K402 for over 10 years now and have owned in the recent past the KPT-904/K402/HF Grand and both systems are awesome if you place them in environments that allow them to reach their full capabilities.  If you place any great system in an acoustically bad environment the performance will be colored/masked and yes even disappointing.

I would like to add that without figuring out what is causing your dissatisfaction so quickly with the Jubilee I worry that jumping to quickly to KPT-415 could lead to a similar dissatisfaction. If the room acoustics is causing problems swapping LF sections might not solve your problems since many of the room's acoustics factors will affect both systems similarly although you might find if treating the rooms acoustical issues isn't an option then whichever system happens to integrate best with your room's unique issues is about the only option left for you.

I hope you find what makes you happy in the end..!!!

miketn:) 

By the way Roy once commented to me when I mentioned how impressed and surprised how close the KPT-415 LF sounded to the Jubilee LF that what helped was the systems (4) 15s radiating area was closer to the Jubilee's. So if you want a direct radiating LF system the KPT-415 is probably your best option.

miketn

5 hours ago, diamonddelts said:

If anyone who has heard the KPT 415 can give me their thoughts on the 415's music playback performance, it would be most appreciated. Thanks.

I was there that day, too. I heard Jubs, the two-woofer KPT-904-LF, and the 4-woofer KPT-415-LF.  The bass distortion was quite clear with the 904--it sounded like your typical bass reflex box to my ears.

The KPT-415 sounded much less like a bass reflex box but the heavy impulses/transients of the box still echo in my mind.  While the Jub bass bin sounded like the real thing, the 415 sounded more like a sledgehammer on impulses by comparison.  If you're into heavy bass--like a rock concert--the 415 is your box.  If you want transparent bass without the heaviness, the Jub bass bin performs without drawing attention to itself.

All of the above is "in my opinion". 

Chris

2 hours ago, mikebse2a3 said:

I have heard the Jubilee LF versus the KPT-904 LF and KPT-415 LF all with the K402/K69A in a reasonably controlled demonstration all with active crossover setups

I was there too.

Although, I'm not afraid to say I liked the KPT-415LF the best.  The problem is the setup.  I really want to go back to passives with a stereo amp....but this is a real challenge with the KPT-415LF.  

I would absolutely love a "Home" passive with a KPT-415LF, K402 and K510.  Second choice would be a biamp situation where there is a passive for the top two horn/drivers.  3rd choice would be available active settings for all three separately for the "home".   I'm not talking about the passive available for behind the screen.  I've had that one.  I emailed Roy about this a couple of years ago to see if a passive of some kind was available.  I soon then sold all my active crossover managed system and started over.

This post is not a complaint.   The real Big awesome stuff by Klipsch wasn't designed to run off one of my stereo amps :(

I'm sorry the OP is frustrated.  I have off and on seen your posts and inquiry...only to find you aren't completely satisfied after all that spending.

jc