rf 7II

bp-karl

I'd say the 3's are gonna be a tad more laid back sounding. I certainly like the look of them better. I'm about the only one though I think. Everyone else likes the veneer front. I'd agree on black but I don't like cherry veneer on the front with copper woofers. The new ones are a nice contrast and the lean back and plinth is so much classier looking

3 hours ago, Pathos said:

This is what drives some of us mad.

Not me.:P  I have owned my RF-63's since May 2008 and have never had the urge to "upgrade" even though some rocking deals on RF-83's, RF-7's, and RF-7II's have come my way.

2 hours ago, K5SS said:

We need RF-63 II

Now that might get me to "upgrade".;):D

Bill

I was initially going to pickup the RFII's but decided to get the RP280f's along with matching center for now. I needed to cut some costs since I was buying all new stuff for my room. I figured I could always wait and hear how the reviews RF7iii's are when they come out and could upgrade down the road. But so far I really like the 280's. They sound great for movies and music. But will be keeping an eye on the III's for sure.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/11/2017 at 1:44 PM, Pathos said:

This is what drives some of us mad.  I finally saved up enough to get the RF7-II's last year and now they come out with something else that I absolutely need.

I mean, who doesn't need these?

I'm like you and have been days or weeks away from buying a set and now I will save a little more and wait to summer when they come out. Wonder what the price will be?