HD Wireless

rwaruba

I was interested in purchasing a 5.1 Klipsch HD Wireless system. I would appreciate comments from anyone that already owns a set. I would like to know if they work well with the Wisa system.

Any information would be very helpful for me to make a final decision. Are they worth it or should I stick to wired?

I was considering buying them as well. The reviews I've read state that it sounds exactly like a wired system of Reference Premiers. Every review of it online states that it sounds spectacular. Crutchfield also just dropped the price on the system by $2000. I recently read a review on Amazon by a guy who said that the speakers sound spectacular but that about once a week one of the speakers would be disconnected from the hub and he would have to set up that speaker again. Its unclear if his issue was from the speakers themselves or from the control hub. What I was considering was buying the wireless RP speakers and using the Axiim HD Q WISA hub instead of the Klipsch WISA hub. For one thing that Axiim WISA hub supports DTS master audio and Dolby True HD but the Klipsch hub does not. Plus it may solve the connectivity issue that I referenced.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with Bigosufans assessment.  I own the 5.1 setup and it sounds awesome, movies, tv and music.  The only problem is it drops a speaker at least everyday. I have to go through the setup.  Getting frustrating.  I may look into the Axiim hub that BigO referenced.  Kind of wishing I had went play-fi so I can add to other rooms plus not having the issue of the speakers dropping.  I know the sound quality is better in the HD-Wireless setup but sure is hassle reconnecting speakers all the time.  Don't want to be negative.  The system sounds great, even music through Amazon music or Pandora via my Apple tv.

HD Wireless 5.1

Apple TV

Amazon Fire

Directv

Vizio 70" Ultra HD 4K

• 3 weeks later...

Hoping some of the moderators/Klipsch employees can chime in, here. I have the HD Wireless 5.1, and I'm running the latest firmware. I absolutely love how this system sounds, but the technical quirks are some of the most annoying things I've ever encountered. Honestly, it's gotten to the point where I no longer "show off" the system unless I've had a few minutes to ensure everything is running as it should be. The random disconnects average 3-4 times a week, and can be up to 3 times a day. Luckily, I've discovered that the easiest fix is just going into the setup and hitting "add speakers", as it seems to flush its database and rebuild, based on the existing speaker assignments (if it glitched and reassigned the speaker, you have to manually change that on the speaker). Sometimes, though, it just completely falls apart (garbled menu, remapping speakers, dropping speakers, etc.), and must have its power unplugged for it to recover. 

Again, I absolutely adore all my Klipsch gear, and, when this system works, it's simply amazing. But, I can't understand how something so expensive can have so many bugs. The market for this system is very clearly to people who want good sound, but don't want to cut into their walls to get it, AND can afford to pay a premium for such freedoms. However, I know damn well that those kinds of people aren't the type who tolerate stuff like this. It's hard to get friends to buy stuff if I have to say "hold on, I have to reboot it".

Thoughts? Advice?

Thanks!

I am experiencing the exact same thing. Klipsch should really put some work into fixing these issues, as they just are not tolerable.. 

Every time I open the firmware updates site it is empty, In my mind this is unacceptable, and I am very dissapointed. It is highly likely that I will never buy another Klipsch product. 

The sound is flawless, but the software and user experience has ruined it for me. They can fix this, but honestly I have the impression that they do not even care. If they did, they certainly would relase more software updates asap... 

If they do not repond to this thread, I will be certain they do not care.

Edited by MrSilence

I read a review on Amazon that a buyer of the Klipsch HD wireless system had the connectivity issues which completely resolved once he moved his Wifi router away from his control hub. Another person in the thread had the issue which also resolved once he moved his router away.

• Moderators

A third said it never happened when he got wired speakers. :huh:

Sorry it's just me, i'm not crazy about "gadgets", everyone is not surprised when there wifi blinks off and on occasionally. But were surprised when it happens to other things. stuff happens, work it out somehow.............and yes I am a moderator and we have as much control over stuff like this as you do, none, it's why I want wires.

Sorry but it's the truth, technology is great but up to full speed, not always, I wish I had an answer. 

Of course I don't speak for Klipsch, I just moderate, on occasion.

On 15/4/2017 at 1:34 AM, bigosufan said:

I was considering buying them as well. The reviews I've read state that it sounds exactly like a wired system of Reference Premiers. Every review of it online states that it sounds spectacular. Crutchfield also just dropped the price on the system by $2000. I recently read a review on Amazon by a guy who said that the speakers sound spectacular but that about once a week one of the speakers would be disconnected from the hub and he would have to set up that speaker again. Its unclear if his issue was from the speakers themselves or from the control hub. What I was considering was buying the wireless RP speakers and using the Axiim HD Q WISA hub instead of the Klipsch WISA hub. For one thing that Axiim WISA hub supports DTS master audio and Dolby True HD but the Klipsch hub does not. Plus it may solve the connectivity issue that I referenced.

Sorry but it would never be the same with wired one not even similar. Don't expect it too much if you are gonna go with wireless one. I have some experience on few products and i did not see it great.

I have had the HD Wireless 5.1 for two weeks now. Not sure if it is broken in yet but it sounds amazing. There is some harshness playing Nora Jones at very high volume. Medium volume is super great. I especially like the clarity a low volume. Anyway I haven't had any disconnect problems but I have a VPI dab-5 brick that is supposed to absorb stray signals originally  to preserve purity of high power amps. I keep it near the Hub. I also read other posts about moving the router or setting the channels so they won't interfere with each other. 

From the reviews I expected to hate the remote but I actually really like it. I think overall this HD Wirefess is a breakthrough product and the reviews have put too much emphasis on the problems. The good stuff is the matched speakers and amplifiers. Which I assume is the cause of the great sound.  I have never had such a good plug and play experience. Secondly it's a beautiful design with a high wife acceptance. And I have a box of wires and a very heavy receiver that can now go away.

HD Wireless 5.1

Oppo 103d blue ray player

Sony HW-40 projector 

15 hours ago, Papa Bill said:

I have had the HD Wireless 5.1 for two weeks now. Not sure if it is broken in yet but it sounds amazing. There is some harshness playing Nora Jones at very high volume. Medium volume is super great. I especially like the clarity a low volume. Anyway I haven't had any disconnect problems but I have a VPI dab-5 brick that is supposed to absorb stray signals originally  to preserve purity of high power amps. I keep it near the Hub. I also read other posts about moving the router or setting the channels so they won't interfere with each other. 

From the reviews I expected to hate the remote but I actually really like it. I think overall this HD Wirefess is a breakthrough product and the reviews have put too much emphasis on the problems. The good stuff is the matched speakers and amplifiers. Which I assume is the cause of the great sound.  I have never had such a good plug and play experience. Secondly it's a beautiful design with a high wife acceptance. And I have a box of wires and a very heavy receiver that can now go away.

HD Wireless 5.1

Oppo 103d blue ray player

Sony HW-40 projector 

Have you watched movies with it? If you have, I am curious how you would rate it for movie watching?

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/25/2017 at 0:45 PM, Galleywinter said:

I agree with Bigosufans assessment.  I own the 5.1 setup and it sounds awesome, movies, tv and music.  The only problem is it drops a speaker at least everyday. I have to go through the setup.  Getting frustrating.  I may look into the Axiim hub that BigO referenced.  Kind of wishing I had went play-fi so I can add to other rooms plus not having the issue of the speakers dropping.  I know the sound quality is better in the HD-Wireless setup but sure is hassle reconnecting speakers all the time.  Don't want to be negative.  The system sounds great, even music through Amazon music or Pandora via my Apple tv.

HD Wireless 5.1

Apple TV

Amazon Fire

Directv

Vizio 70" Ultra HD 4K

Let me add to my post from April.  I moved my router away from the Hd Control unit and have had zero drops for the last 2 months.  I haven't had to touch anything.  The only gripe I have is the 1 HDMI for 4K.  Not a whole lot of programming right now I know but I do have my Apple TV, Amazon Fire and Direct Tv going thru my control unit and had to pick one to be 4K.  Would like for all three to be. 

I have mixed experience watching movies so far. Action movies that have helicopters and lots of shooting sound great. Sound zooms across the room. The dynamic range limitless. Very clear and surprising clean and loud bass. Other movies just don't sound that great like "A Dog's Purpose". The dialogue was dull sounding. I imagine the movie is at fault.

I need to amend my earlier post about movies sound. When I first bought these speakers a couple months ago, I couldn't find any new movies I wanted to watch. So I spent the first month watching from my old movie collection. I have to say that although movie soundtracks vary widely, I always felt very satisfied like I had just seen the movie at a theater. Also I had often used closed captioning pre Klipsch when I had trouble understanding the dialogue. I just realized that I have not used closed caption since I got the Klipsch HD Wireless.

I have to say I was somewhat disappointed with "Beauty And The Beast" that just came out on Bluray. It was ok but I expected a lot more than "ok".  I did not see it in the theater but in general I hate theater sound anyway. I'm curious what are others opinion of Beauty and the Beast.