Wanted RF-5 and RC-7

Porschetech1

Hello everyone I'm new to the forum. I've decided to take a different route with my setup. I've heard a lot of good and bad about klipsch but I've always been curious about their best bang for the buck sound and quality. 

My previous setups were the paradigm studio 100's and matching cc690 centre. I recently just sold my monitor audio golds which were also amazing too. The studio 100's were impressive and the monitor audio gold centre was very detailed. 

I've kinda narrowed my next venture down to the older klipsch speakers. So I'm in the market for a pair of RF-5's and matching RC-7 in the black finish. If there's any avail please let me know. 

Thanks in advance 

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Porschetech1, you've selected a really nice front 3.  I ran that exact setup for a while and LOVED it.

thanks......can't wait to try it out. if that fails, then i'll look into some kef towers like the Q900 or maybe some more digms

Just now, Porschetech1 said:

hahahahaha.........i'm still actively looking. how well do they sound for both films and music? perhaps 80% HT use

Outstanding. 

I have an IB subwoofer in my living room.  Basically it's four 18" subwoofer drivers mounted in a wall.  There was a guy that was considering building an IB and wanted to hear what one sounded like.  He came over and I played a demo for him.  The first thing he said after the demo was "what kind of center channel is that?" 

You're going to love it.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Outstanding. 

I have an IB subwoofer in my living room.  Basically it's four 18" subwoofer drivers mounted in a wall.  There was a guy that was considering building an IB and wanted to hear what one sounded like.  He came over and I played a demo for him.  The first thing he said after the demo was "what kind of center channel is that?" 

You're going to love it.

ok......I think I've found a pair of RF-5's local to me. it also comes with a RC-25 too. shall I hold out for a RC-7 while using the 25 or opt for the RC-3 instead?

thanks

3 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Definitely hold out for the RC-7.  It's in a different class altogether.  The 25 is way too small and the 3 isn't near as good of a match to the RF-5's as the 7 is.

ok thanks......I guess i'll use the 25 for now until a RC-7 comes along. maybe convince reynol to sell me his. haha

• Like 3

Great choice in speakers! I personally prefer the RF-5's over either of the RF-7's myself and the RC-7 is arguably one of the very best center speaker ever made by Klipsch. Also the RF-5 / RC-7 combo were built for each other and make a seamless front stage, I think you'll be very happy with that set up.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, eth2 said:

Given your screen name, perhaps we can work out a trade...a service contact for audio equipment! Porsche service is ridiculously expensive.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

hahahaha.......yeah been a Porsche tech at dealer level for 16 yrs. now I have my own shop down in florida

what trades we talking?? :)