$1800 Belle Walnut (?) on auction site in CA

avguytx

Not bad if you consider Belle's average a little over $1500 a pair by my information. 

Still, I think of Belle's sitting right in between the $1500 La Scala and the $2000 Khorns.

+++

Did you see the ratings and comments for the speakers?  I have never seen that before on an Ebay auction.  Is this new and I just haven't seen it before?

If you read the reviews, they really have nothing to do with Belle's but more Klipsch in general.  Look at the first two reviews saying,

"Bass is remarkable for the size and likely overkill for my kitchen. Wifi was pretty annoying to set up but Spotify and Tidal sound great on it. Haven't listened to anything but the wifi and have no complaints about fidelity. One small issue I have is the levels of volume in between adjustments. The intervals are far too great. I'd hope a firmware update corrects something like this as I believe it is a digital setting"

and

"These are some serious speakers. They have a fantastic sound, especially paired with a powered subwoofer. I have a open ground floor, kitchen, dining, and living room. The sound fills that entire space at a comfortable volume. I can entertain, and have music going, without it drowning out my guest's conversations. I spent $110, with shipping, and while definitely not cheap, new Klipsch speakers in the same class will cost much more. The speakers are bigger than you'd think, so double check the dimensions, and their weight. I would not mount these to a wall with only drywall anchors, you'll probably want to find a wall beam or stud."

Pretty sure we're not talking about Belle's being too big for a kitchen or being $110 with shipping.  Sounds like small generic Klipsch speakers.

Why is it when you put something in italics, you can't read it on the dark background?  That's kinda dumb.  I've often wondered why some posts would show up like that and now I know.  

Someone should offer him $1600 to end the auction as he's going to lose 10% in ebay fees plus PayPal fees.  I would if they were close to me.  

29 minutes ago, -js- said:

am I missing something, or does the price now show $2500?  :o

That's odd, and as others have pointed out those "reviews" are strangely non-specific "Outdoor speakers... Nice Box.... Sounds good."

I've just never seen "reviews" before on Ebay items. 

If I think of it later I'll try to post a review and see if it shows up on that sale.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, -js- said:

am I missing something, or does the price now show $2500?  :o

Apparently he decided after numerous emails that he was too low on price or actually researched and saw what others were "listed" for.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, wvu80 said:

If I think of it later I'll try to post a review and see if it shows up on that sale.

I know you're not supposed to quote yourself, but...:rolleyes:

I did write a very complimentary review about 8 hours ago and included a pic of a K-55-V.  The review has not showed up yet.