WTB KC-25

Oldnavycdr

I'm located in North Carolina.  Only reason for the KC-25 is a match to my KB-15's.  I figure a R-25C would be an upgrade to that.  Just recapping a modest HT setup from Polk RM6750 satellite system.  I picked up the Icons on sale and am relatively pleased with them.  The center channel really needs an upgrade now.

Edited by Oldnavycdr

Teaman, I just might be interested.  PM me for price?

IbizaFlame, I figured the two were pretty close with just a different color of woofer.  I'll check the various sites for that as well.  Newegg had the Icon just a few weeks back and I failed to pull the trigger thinking they wouldn't sell out...but they did.

Thanks to both of you for your responses!  I appreciate it.

• Like 1

Gotcha.

Yeah, between Tim and I, we should get you setup with a center.  He's got the RC-52, which is 2 generations old Reference, still a solid speaker too - especially coming from Tim - he's a great guy to do business with.  I also have an RC-3 II (second generation of Reference) that I'm selling.  One of these should work for your set up just fine.

If it was me, I wouldn't settle for anything other than the KC-25 (or another KB-15) as voice matching the front 3 speakers is crucial for seamless panning across the front sound stage. Some may be close but I'm too OCD...my opinion of course.

Here's one for a very fair price and shipping is included.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipsch-Icon-KC-25-5-25-Inch-Center-Speaker-Black-/262934674431?hash=item3d3820bbff:g:mhUAAOSwmgJY7qJa

Both of these appear to be high quality centers with very good reviews.  Any ideas as to which (if either) would pair with my KB-15's?  Advantages to sealed vs. ported?  This will sit on a built in counter below the wall mounted TV (not yet mounted so height is not an issue.  Counter depth is 25".  Primary use will be HT with some music.

Thanks, Tasdom.  I ran across that one today -- was glad to see an Icon option come back.  I am a little goosey about not matching the fronts but wondered if staying in the Klipsch line made that a non issue.  Or if, within the Klipsch line to have the same porting design as the KB's.  And I don't have comparisons between the crossover specs.

Don't feel any pressure to buy mine, I wasn't even looking to sell it other than helping a brother out!

I have about thirty extra speakers in my basement so I just throw it out there when someone is looking for something.

Tim

The speakers Tim and I are offering are of the higher cal-Reference line, before Klipsch cheapened the name.

Sound wise...you'd probably perform better with the C-3, KC-25, or R-25C.  If you're going to be upgrading the rest of the soundstage down the road though, you might consider one of ours.  That's entirely your call though.  Just depends on your own path you're taking.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, teaman said:

I have about thirty extra speakers in my basement so I just throw it out there when someone is looking for something.

You know, I just looked at my list of gear, and you and I definitely have too much little stuff.

• Like 1