WTB: ALK Universal Crossovers

jbetanc

26 minutes ago, Trogdor420 said:

He doesn't have a great reputations in the forums. He has been perma-banned a couple times. Does anyone have experience with the Crites AA?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

No experience with the AA but have used plenty of his other xovers. I think he builds some of the best no BS xovers out there. He only uses what he needs to get the correct sound, best bang for the buck going imo

1 hour ago, Trogdor420 said:

He doesn't have a great reputations in the forums. He has been perma-banned a couple times.......

That is an unfair summary. ALK is well-respected by a number of folks.

Sorry, that is not supposed to be a summary... Merely an observation.... He has even linked to a number of the forum threads on his personal website. Just seems like there is some rivalry in the community and not everyone knows how to 'play nice'.

10 hours ago, Trogdor420 said:

Sorry, that is not supposed to be a summary... Merely an observation.... He has even linked to a number of the forum threads on his personal website. Just seems like there is some rivalry in the community and not everyone knows how to 'play nice'.

I think it would safe to give Al the engineer and Al the forum member two different grades.

• Like 1

What is your budget? Can you build them yourself? What volume do you like to listen? There are various schematics at various price points and difficulties available, from Deang, Bob Crites, ALK...

I use DHA2 crossovers, designed by forum member John Albright.

Not sure of Dean's schedule, it would be worth checking. Bob's turnaround time is always quick. Both always polite. ALK is always right and will tell you so.

mtc

Bruce

• Like 2