Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
jbetanc

WTB: ALK Universal Crossovers

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Budman said:

for what speakers ?

Title says universals, so La Scala, Belle or K-horns most likely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I put in an order two weeks ago. He told me five to six weeks. Hope he finishes mine before taking a break!

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck with that 4 weeks turns in to 6 weeks and then you get a supplier being a rude azzhole to a customer that paid up front.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't heard any accounts of bad service from ALK. I spoke with him on the phone and exchanged several emails. He is prompt and courteous.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He sounds like a very nice person, but he did sound like he needed a brake when I talked to him, I just have no patience, I want to finish and enjoy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, opusk2k9 said:

Title says universals, so La Scala, Belle or K-horns most likely.

i have Dean's ALK's for my Cornwalls i'm not using anymore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a pair of modified "original design" ALK Universals to sell... Original design meaning they have the 2.4 mH inductors, 40 uF and 7.2 uF values with Harmony bypass capacitors.. they also have Hovland Musicaps for 2.2uF values... Modified meaning all wire now is 14 awg silver plated copper teflon, I removed the cheap tin braid, the multi connect spaghetti crap hookups and replaced the Lynx resistor with a Mills... not shown in my pictures are (2) pairs of connectors to the autoformers... $300 shipped

IMG_1005.JPG

IMG_1004.JPG

multi auto connect.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, awsjr said:

I have a pair of modified "original design" ALK Universals to sell... Original design meaning they have the 2.4 mH inductors, 40 uF and 7.2 uF values with Harmony bypass capacitors.. they also have Hovland Musicaps for 2.2uF values... Modified meaning all wire now is 14 awg silver plated copper teflon, I removed the cheap tin braid, the multi connect spaghetti crap hookups and replaced the Lynx resistor with a Mills... not shown in my pictures are (2) pairs of connectors to the autoformers... $300 shipped

IMG_1005.JPG

IMG_1004.JPG

multi auto connect.JPG

I will buy, sent you pm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, as someone predicted, 6 weeks have turned into several more than 6 weeks. I too am eager to replace the old crossovers in my '75 LaScalas. Do any of you other fine gentlemen have a set of ALK networks for sale?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Friday, April 14, 2017 at 11:11 PM, USNRET said:

Good luck with that 4 weeks turns in to 6 weeks and then you get a supplier being a rude azzhole to a customer that paid up front.

 

 

Said the prophet. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Trogdor420 said:

Well, as someone predicted, 6 weeks have turned into several more than 6 weeks. I too am eager to replace the old crossovers in my '75 LaScalas. Do any of you other fine gentlemen have a set of ALK networks for sale?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
 

Sorry to hear that. I tried talking to him over the phone about purchasing his Extreme Slope Crossovers for my LaScalas a couple months ago. Lets just say when I think back to the conversation I remember it being less than pleasant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He doesn't have a great reputations in the forums. He has been perma-banned a couple times. Does anyone have experience with the Crites AA?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...