Tubes4hifi

The Dude

Roy has gotten me again. Will give back story here in a min. I purchased a complete used SP12 from him, which i received yesterday.

Great packing job, i had it partially pulled out, so if it doesn't look great, trust me it was good. Anyways, i told Roy i wanted to install my pc6 phono preamp, which at one time was a product of his. So he went the extra mile and did this for me.

Now that i have captured a couple pics, i will add in the back story from my computer.

b5afc2d64b450c289e893a37236ff741.jpg9e506039eaf2f66faa9f05b805a870aa.jpgaa0bbe5fa6f7b23ef9a12066001f1fd0.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Dang....that's a beauty!  That may be my next step; investing in one of their tube preamps to go along with my VTA ST-70.  ANd that one really strikes me the most as it's got remote volume control!  I'm leary of replacing my Carver C-1 that's been completely rebuilt with the BillD mod but may take that leap of faith.  

Gorgeous preamp

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Schu said:

I love it..  except for the remote :P

to be honest, its really not necessary.  If it is what is causing a buzz at higher levels (only when paused not even when muted), then I wouldn't mind seeing what it takes to remove it.

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 8:55 AM, The Dude said:

Will give back story here in a min.

Forgot about the back story.  A couple of years ago I started building a custom pre amp with Tubes4hifi's PC6/PC5,  which is now sold through Tube Nirvana as the PAS2/3 upgrade.  The same thing happened then as it did this time around.  I ordering components one at time to build this as I never had the full amount upfront.  One of the first products I was going to purchase was the line stage and power supply.  Turned out Roy had a pre built power supply that he was willing to sell me, got a great price on a built, tested working power supply.  When I went to order the Phono preamp section, again he up sold me on the alps blue volume pot and new selector switch.  This time I was inquiring about a new chassis for the pre amp I had recently built.  I was only looking for a chassis with new volume pot, on/off switch, power jack, selector switch, and rca jacks.  I really only wanted to be able to drop my boards and transformer in and call good.  Roy sent me pictures of a trade in and was making me a great offer on the chassis.  Then he drops the, you know for an additional $130.00, I'll throw the pre assembled, tested working SP12 board and transformer.  So why not?  Plus he laid how to orient the boards so that I can fit the phono preamp. Well there went my funds to build the little Delights.  Anyways, if your interested in purchasing something from Roy, he is great to work with and is always seeming to be willing to help you out and find you a little better deal.

So that's the back story, nothing to exciting.