Brought home a pair of LaScalas

rjw1678

Last Thursday evening I brought home a pair of black LaScalas. They sound great and are all original. The serial numbers are 198592416 & 198592417 and they decode to July 17, 1995. But the speakers have a final assembly sticker of 10-22-1996 and the date codes on both tweeters are 9618.

Edited by rjw1678
  • Like 1

Welcome rjw,

Even though everyone here knows what La Scalas look like, photos of yours would be appreciated.  While you're enjoying your speakers, peruse the plethora of threads discussing "upgrades" to La Scalas, but resist that slippery slope for as long as possible.

• Like 1

No matter what flash option I used on my Nikon P510 I just could not get a picture showing the details of the lower part of the speaker. They have some minor cosmetic flaws which I will correct. I am presently using my Dennis Had Inspire HotRod SE tube amp with KT66 tubes. Next week I will hook up the McIntosh MC225. The picture shows KT150's in the Inspire HotRod, the LaScalas sound better with the KT66's.

DSCN1335a.JPG

Edited by rjw1678
  • Like 5

38 minutes ago, jvs1670 said:

If that's where they are staying they will sound better on the floor.

Thank you for the advice. Once I refinish the cabinets they will go on the floor, it is easier moving them with the dollies while fixing a couple small nicks, sanding and refinishing them.

• 2 months later...
On 4/15/2017 at 9:51 PM, Schu said:

la scalas don't need the output of a 150... 66's are good, but I found 88's more to my liking. for me the best tube was the 350b

Today my pair of National Union 350B tubes arrived. Put them in my Inspire Hot Rod, also put in a NOS RCA 6SN7GTB. Thanks for letting me know about the 350B, the La Scalas sound nicer now.