ISO/WTB Single Cornwall

lakedmb

Looking to purchase a single Cornwall to use as a center speaker. I'm in the Greenville, SC area, but would definitely be willing to drive a few hours to pick up. I'm about 2 hours to Charlotte and Atlanta and roughly 3 hours to Charleston and Knoxville. 

Black would be preferred, but not a deal breaker. 

Thanks. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, totalcomfort said:

Your local lumber yard could cut the panels for you, easy box to build. Call Bob and he can fix you up with the rest.

5 hours ago, avguytx said:

Why not build one or talk to Bob Crites about the parts to build one.  Or look online for the parts as they come up all the time it seems like.  Cabinets are about as simple as they get being a big rectangle box.

I may just do this.  Looking to use it as a center speaker, so I may start looking for plans that allow it to be turned on its side.  

• 5 months later...
On 4/17/2017 at 12:01 PM, lakedmb said:

I may just do this.  Looking to use it as a center speaker, so I may start looking for plans that allow it to be turned on its side.  

Make any progress on that project? I am in the exact same boat, but I do have single cornwall 1 about 90 minutes from me on CL - $350. I would rather have the vertical type, trying to keep the center speaker short. I thought 2 heresies bridged would be the trick but I like the bass of the cornwall at center. 

1 hour ago, Tasdom said:

Thank you! Vegas is about a 20 hour drive for me here on the west coast (seattle) but I might get desperate here soon. I emailed crites for a parts and price list, but Im not sure I can build one. Id jump on anything within a few hours drive for sure

Wow!  I've got Cornwalls with serial numbers that are very close to this!  Look identical but they turned the pie logo on it's side which is how I have them sitting.  Someone save this... 399 is a fair price I'd say. 

If you want to build a box I'd would be sure the volume of the cabinet is identical but squash it down in height to be a shorter cabinet but so you can still align the speakers symmetrically.  Having the the drivers aligned vertically is important to my ears.   Screws up the sound stage and imagery otherwise.