Wireless Subwoofers turn off at low volumes (auto)

Charles

Hey everyone. New owner of 2 R-10SWi wireless subwoofers. They are amazing. I have them connected to my Yamaha Aventage r-a860 receiver. I live in an apartment so I have to listen at low volumes at night. I have both subwoofers turned to the AUTO(on) feature. If my sound is too low, they eventual turn themselves off while I'm using them. What can I do? I've tried fiddling with the gain etc. I feel I need to listen at slightly uncomfortably volumes for my neighbors to keep em on.  At low volumes, they're awesome and really help fill out the sound of my system.  I'd rather not have to keep turning them ON and OFF each time I use them and would like to keep using the AUTO function if possible.

Thanks for any advice.

I have an SVS sub that does the same thing.  If I'm going to be listening to it low I flip the toggle to 'On'.  Nature of the beast unfortunately.  Auto circuits need to feel enough of a signal to keep them running.  The way I look at it, keeps me from being lazy.  At least I'm getting up and moving to do something.  Another thought, sometimes I will boost the sub output level when listening low to keep it on.  You won't have to flip the subs 'on' and 'off'.  That way, you're feeding the subs enough signal to stay on.  You just have to remember to decrease the sub output before you run it normally.  Otherwise, you'll be in for a little surprise when you fire up a movie, etc.

Okay thanks! Glad to know I'm not the only one out there noticing this! It's a bit annoying,.. wish they would just make the thresh-hold a little lower on the trigger.  Still, can't beat wireless convenience.  And it must mean, I'm sadly not putting my subs to anywhere near "optimal" levels!

You can also try a Y-connector to go into both sub inputs.  It will increase the voltage that the sub is seen.  This may help it stay on.  Many of us just leave the switch on the sub to on all the time.  It will not use a lot of electricity and run the electric bill up.  I have a sub that I have never cut-off for years because of the problems with the auto feature..

I am new to this forum but a long time Klipsch user and I just ventured out to the wireless world with the R-10swi. I have had it for 4 days with no issues but now it will not sync up.  I have tried all the power cycles,disconnected all cables,pressed all the sync buttons.  Transmitter sends out the signals (flashing blue lights) but the sub remains unresponsive.  Power light is on but no go.  I will be returning this unit Saturday unless a miracle happens.

Thanks guys.

One possible solution to the failure to turn on at lower volumes is to turn the volume UP until the sub turns on, then lower the volume.

Some electronic circuits have what's called hysteresis, which means the turn on and turn off points aren't quite the same, so there's something of a lag. Once it triggers on, there may be some leeway below that turn on point before the circuit shuts it off. Hysteresis is not a design feature, just an electronic artifact.