Active Tri-Amp processors on a budget?

Alexander

Are there any processors that would match up quality wise to my Emotiva XPA-1 x 2 and Denon POA-4400 x4 amps and Forte

ii's? My pre would be the one listed in my sig. Was looking at a Behringer dcx2496 but read that it is marginal at best. Anything else out there that doesn't cost over say $500? Or am I wishing for too much?

I'd pay a little more up front and go with the Xilica XD4080.  Thinking mine was $1600 new (really was pushing things at the time, but well worth it).  The XD4080 lets me also cross to my subs, and also has FIR filters for everything except sub-LF.  It also lets me use the AES/EBU inputs to drive everything, so I just added this to my PC: http://www.amazon.com/GUSTARD-U12-384KHz-Digital-Interface/dp/B00PU3R6KY/

The next one on my list to try was the miniDSP 4x10 HD as I was looking for 3-way + subs.  I don't have this unit, but it is what I would recommend for future proofing as you could do your center later or add subs (plus it's less than $500).   It seems to have a digital input too, but lacks FIR filtering (only really expensive digital xo's have this with the Xilica being the cheapest).

So this can do 3400 taps @ 96 kHz?  Also, how is the noise floor on the analog outputs?  I hear no hiss at my listening position about 8 feet away.  However, I had to add some Benchmark AHB2 amps to get my noise floor to be inaudible, and this wasn't cheap.

Looks like a great option for a killer 4 way crossover.  So there are minidsp plugins that allow you do to 2x8 active crossover with this unit (FIR and IIR)?  In the past I looked and only noticed IIR crossover plugins.  This newer unit looks interesting.  I don't own any miniDSP products, but would consider ordering this if I ever actively crossover my center or rear speakers.  

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 11:10 PM, zobsky said: