SOLD: Cornwall - 1978 CW WO's

avguytx

Well, after a couple of months with them, Cornwall's don't work as well in my living room as the CF-3's.  So, up for sale they go.  They are Cornwall WO's sequential s/n's 18S238 & 239.  Grills are stock and missing emblems (how I bought them) and I have used steel wool on cabinets and oiled them.  They present very well.  I had put Crites CT-120 tweeters in them but they will be sold with all of their stock parts (K33, K55, & K77).  I'm keeping the CT-120's for the Belle clones.  Only modifications done was converting the Type B crossovers to Type B-2 with Solen caps and Janzen coils.  I will include the original leaking caps if you want them. ;)

They do work and sound great but my ears lean more towards the CF-3's.  I will get more pictures of them as soon as I can but these were the ones taken when I got them.

Asking $1000 and local pickup.  I'm in Searcy, AR (NE of Little Rock) and might be able to meet within a reasonable distance.

20170218_141922_zpsqz4chbvn.jpg

20170218_135424_zpsnw08rbag.jpg

20170218_135904_zps5frmbbpb.jpg

20170225_145923_zpszp49tbmv.jpg

I probably built those CW's.  FACING THE REAR of the cabinets, follow the rear edge of the side panel to your left up almost to the miter joint, and there should be some stamped-in initials.  Usually one pair side by side and one single initial either above or below the pair.  If there is an "A" in the mix, then I built them.

• Like 4

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 10:36 AM, avguytx said:

Sale pending.

Thanks avguytx!

I got them home with no problems. I'll spend tomorrow getting them placed and then listening to them.  No better thing to do on a rainy Saturday!

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 11:22 AM, HDBRbuilder said:

I probably built those CW's.  FACING THE REAR of the cabinets, follow the rear edge of the side panel to your left up almost to the miter joint, and there should be some stamped-in initials.  Usually one pair side by side and one single initial either above or below the pair.  If there is an "A" in the mix, then I built them.

@HDBRbuilder, Yep, they have an "A" stamped on them.  :emotion-21:

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
On 4/10/2020 at 11:21 AM, ChicagoCubby said:

Did the upgrades make that big of difference in sound?   I have reached out to Crites and he let me know about the B-2 crossovers.   I wasn't aware of the Solen Caps and Janzen coil.

They made a nice difference for sure and it's easy to do with the parts that are already on the Type B crossover.  It's a petty minimal expense.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, avguytx said:

They made a nice difference for sure and it's easy to do with the parts that are already on the Type B crossover.  It's a petty minimal expense.  

thank you ---what I understand  from you is that  they sound a lot better than a Regular B -  so what we see is a regular B2  with Jantzen coils  -------do you have a copy of the layout , I'm just wondering what the coils change in terms of the overall XO -TX

14 minutes ago, Randyh said:

thank you ---what I understand  from you is that  they sound a lot better than a Regular B -  so what we see is a regular B2  with Jantzen coils  -------do you have a copy of the layout , I'm just wondering what the coils change in terms of the overall XO -TX

Go to the link below and scroll just a little ways down.  It will show the B and B2 close together.