Marantz AV8801 SOLD

USNRET

So I will be getting a new Mc MX151 pre-pro in a few days and then my trusty Marantz will need a new home. Along with it will come remote, mic, manual (printed and bound so you don't have to use the on line version), factory box, etc. I don't not believe there is a scratch on it and it works flawlessly. My basic round of searches today leads me to think I should ask $1000.00 $900 for this fine piece. If this is too low and you want to pay more perhaps we can work on that.

Now that I see this perhaps I need to sale the Emo XPA-5 as well so I can go all Mc.

here it is in the rack:

AV8801.jpg

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, brians7 said:

Dam I am looking for a gen 2 lol    Thanks Brian

The Gen 1 is a better amp in my opinion. 32db of gain vs. 29db in the Gen 2. The Gen 1 plays effortlessly whereas the Gen 2 stresses a bit. I own multiples of both. My .02

Oh yea I guess my pass F5 amp just sound better and is has nothing with it only have 15db of gain. My Monarchy SM70 has to much gain I know that but still sounds great. FWIT I have two XPA-5 gen2 and one XPA-2 gen2 and was looking for a third XPA-5 gen2 to match the others.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Khornukopia said:

I would like to buy your Marantz AV8801. 

OK, let me plug in the new one arriving Monday and get the Marantz boxed up just to make sure I don't drop something. I'm be in touch. See PM for contact info.

How much do you want for the Gen 1 Emotiva XPA-5 USNRET?  I know you are in the Emotiva forum as well, it would probably sell quickly if you post over there as well.

Tim

PS.............Your all McIntosh set up is going to be killer. Congrats!

1 minute ago, teaman said:

How much do you want for the Gen 1 Emotiva XPA-5 USNRET?  I know you are in the Emotiva forum as well, it would probably sell quickly if you post over there as well.

Tim

PS.............Your all McIntosh set up is going to be killer. Congrats!

Well, that sale depends on a couple of things.
Does the MX with Room Perfect hold it's own vs, the C2500 / MEN220 combo? If so, then I will sell both of those to finance a Mc amp (still pondering which one of the 200 WPC amps I would get). If not then I would keep the EMO.
Price? Again another consideration as I dropped a router and hit one of the RCA outputs. It's loose but still works fine and I use XLR (I checked the RCA after the whoops moment). I guess the cost depends on if a potential new owner cares about the RCA jack or if I would have to send back thru EMO.

• Like 1

Cool. Looks like you have some interesting decisions to make. I am sure either way you decide you are going to have a killer set up. I only use the XLR myself too, in fact I couldn't even tell you if my RCA's work since I have never used them on any of my amps. I'm sure if you decide to sell the Emo XPA-5 you will have no problem moving it, even more so since the Gen 3 prices jumped quite a bit.