SOLD Threshold 400a amplifier, fully restored by Jon Soderberg

Breakdown7

SOLD I have decided to sell my Threshold 400a amplifier. The most interesting thing with this amp is that it was completed restored/upgraded by Jon Solderberg. I had this done recently, about six months ago. So needless to say, the amp preforms flawlessly. It's one of the late model 400a designs, with the removeable power cord. It sounds just wonderful and is quite the value to get into a Class A amplifier. It is 100 watts into 8 ohms and 200 watts into 4 ohms. Should last another 30+ years. I'm only considering the sale of it to save up for some home projects my wife wants to do this year. I had thought this amp would be with me for many more years to come, but alas, life goes on.  I need to downsize. 

I purchased the amp for $1300 and then spent another $1300 in the upgrade/restoration/shipping with Jon Soderberg. I am into the amp for $2600, but am willing to take a loss on it to move it on to the next home. I have the receipt detailing the work Jon did on the amp. It will be included of course. I would be willing to sell for SOLD

IMG_0002.JPG

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be passing through your woods tomorrow coming home form Georgia.

Seriously, if I brought home more gear or speakers from another trip alone to Georgia my bride would be livid.:angry2:  I better just come back with only what I brought with me.

Again, good luck with your sale.

Bill

It's really a great sounding amp, especially after the rebuild. It wasn't having any problems before, but I knew the internal components were well up in age. Figured it was time to replace everything and Jon Soderberg was recommended to me directly from Nelson Pass. Of course, Jon did a wonderful job. I'm sure whoever hears the amp will buy it, but not everyone is local and can come by for an audition.