R-15PM left speaker crackling. hooked up to audio technica lp120 turntable

I just bought a brand new Audio Technica LP 120 turntable with Klipsch R-15PM speakers. The left speaker sounds like it is blown, very fuzzy and makes crackling noises. the rt. (powered) speaker sounds fine. I have double checked the hook up and I have no idea what the problem is unless these speakers are just junk. Looking for a solution or feedback.

• 7 months later...
On 4/19/2017 at 11:36 AM, Frank Everett said:

I just bought a brand new Audio Technica LP 120 turntable with Klipsch R-15PM speakers. The left speaker sounds like it is blown, very fuzzy and makes crackling noises. the rt. (powered) speaker sounds fine. I have double checked the hook up and I have no idea what the problem is unless these speakers are just junk. Looking for a solution or feedback.

Did you fix it?

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same issue, but worse! I just got a pair of these R-15PM speakers and hooked it up to my Audio Technica LP120 turntable... both speakers sound like they are full of static and crackle - not able to make out anything... the speakers work just great via Bluetooth.

I tried both Phono and Line on the selector, as well.

15 minutes ago, Peter Filias said:

I have the same issue, but worse! I just got a pair of these R-15PM speakers and hooked it up to my Audio Technica LP120 turntable... both speakers sound like they are full of static and crackle - not able to make out anything... the speakers work just great via Bluetooth.

I tried both Phono and Line on the selector, as well.

Aaaaah, you have to change the Phono/Line switch on the turntable... I had mine set to Line with my previous setup. Switch to Phono on both the turntable and the Klipsch and it sounds great... lacks a little bass though.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Right out of the box the left speaker has sounded blown.  I’m using it Bluetooth mode, and I’ve tried everything that I can think of.  Line.  Phono.  Moving the speakers farther apart, moving them closer together. Switching speaker wire.

The woofer on the right speaker jumps while the woofer on the left speaker is imperceptible. They were like this right out of the box.  I bought them through Crutchfield rather than Amazon, figuring Bezo’s has enough damn money.  I was so disappointed that I ended up buying a pair of Edifier speaks and, though lacking the same depth, at least both speakers work equally well.  Can anyone give me some idea what’s going on ?  I sure would appreciate it.

Thank you in advance,

Bill

• 5 months later...

Same issue… R-41Ms connected to Pyle receiver lined to Audio-Technica AT-LP60. Low crackling only when the input is set to the record player. Every other input works fine.

Would love any help. I thought it was a needle issue on the record and bought a replacement…

• 1 year later...

Same for me. I’ve even ordered a second pair of speakers. Same issue. Bluetooth works fine but they play crackling indistinguishable noise when on the turn table. Tried new speaker wire. Line/phono. Only thing I haven’t tried is new RCA cables but this still work on my old speakers, so those aren’t the issue. Exact same issues with the last R-51pm. I WANT THESE TO WORK!!!