La Scalas on e-bay

haydukej

Yup... pretty sure those are these. They've been listed here on the forum. @nola you might want to change that $100 shipping option. That could get you in trouble quick. I'm in NYC and was considering buying them from you if you brought them back up north. I'm just trying to figure out where I could put them! 

Thanks for the heads up.        I AM NOT THE SELLER. I DID NOT PLACE AN EBAY AD. SCAMMER I think.

Yes, these are photos of my speakers. They are the 3 pics from my CL ad in So FL from a week or so ago. I tried pulling the CL ad, but without success. CL can be a pain sometimes.

I had them listed at $900.00, which is what I think I paid from them in 2013. 1994 LS 1s. Ended up not selling them in So FL.

Again: No, I never made an Ebay listing. Needless to say, sounds like this zero feedback seller is a scammer under the circumstances.

I have them N of the Mason Dixon Line now.

They sound great, but are not pretty. I think my dad used them for wheel chair and knife and fork target practice :((

The pics do over emphasize the water stains. They under emphasize many minor dings and scratches.

If someone wanted to make me an offer I could not refuse, well, I might consider selling them to someone on the KL forums here. DC area now,

Too many low lifes, etc via CL.

Not sure how to alert someone at Ebay administration about a likely scammer.

NOLA

11 minutes ago, nola said:

I think my dad used them for wheel chair and knife and fork target practice

11 minutes ago, nola said:

They under emphasize many minor dings and scratches.

12 minutes ago, nola said:

If someone wanted to make me an offer I could not refuse, well, I might consider selling them to someone on the KL forums here.

Holy Smokes !!!  -  I would love to get my hands on these :P  "Plum Crazy" revisited???

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Matthews said:

I reported the seller per eBay "fraudulent activities".

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

The ad is still up so I tried to "Report an Item."  I couldn't get through, it was an endless loop that went nowhere.  Very confusing.

2 hours ago, wvu80 said:

The ad is still up so I tried to "Report an Item."  I couldn't get through, it was an endless loop that went nowhere.  Very confusing.

I find scams on eBay all the time. It is sooo difficult to report them that I never bother. 

I agree about the Ebay scams, seems there sure are a lot of them lately. I also saw a Khorn seller that must have been hacking people's accounts. He would list four or so pair of identical Khorn pictures into sellers with tons of 100% feedback. He was literally listing a thousand listings. Everything from the speakers to golf carts to medical supplies....you name it. When you looked into the actual seller account you found they have only had two transactions a month with very little listed for sale in recent months...then all of a sudden over 1000 listings. Each listing had like a $2.99 starting bid and an email link for Buy it now pricing. It kind of sucks when you get excited seeing awesome deals that seem too good to be true, and are indeed fraudulent listings. I reported this guy for almost a month straight. As fast as I could report them and they were taken down, he was popping them right back on under some new seller profile...crazy.

6 hours ago, wvu80 said:

I couldn't get through

I experienced the same thing.  There was a dead button (for lack of better) once you got so far.  Ended up getting the report in through a different set of "clicks".  However, all I was able to do was report it as a "fraudulent listing".  No option given to explain the problem. 

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wvu80 said:

7 hours ago, W27 said:

I find scams on eBay all the time. It is sooo difficult to report them that I never bother. 

4 hours ago, Matthews said:

I experienced the same thing.  There was a dead button (for lack of better) once you got so far.  Ended up getting the report in through a different set of "clicks".  However, all I was able to do was report it as a "fraudulent listing".  No option given to explain the problem. 

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

I was able to "Report an Item" and click on the three sequential drop down menus, but the eBay site was running slow last night and did seem unresponsive at first. I don't think there has ever been an option to explain the problem or provide details.

• Like 1