Happy 4/20!

CECAA850

The back story (copy and paste from Yahoo).

The real story of 420 appears to date back to 1971 and a group of hippie high school kids in San Rafael, Calif., who called themselves “the Waldos.”

The Waldos claim they coined the term “420” when they set out to find a rumored marijuana patch planted by a member of U.S. Coast Guard on the Point Reyes Peninsula. For weeks, the group would meet after school at 4:20 p.m. to get high and search for the hidden plants, with the number “420” becoming a secret code of sorts among them.

While they never found the secret stash, the popularity of 420 began to spread, as their classmates picked up on the term. Meanwhile, a brother of one of the Waldos worked for the Grateful Dead and supposedly clued in the band, which began using it themselves. The rest, as they say, is history.

Still, that doesn’t explain this other mystery: How did 4/20 become universally known as the pot smoker’s holiday?

The Waldos themselves don’t even have an answer for that — nor do they dare take credit.

“We have no idea,” Waldo Steve told Yahoo News.

Their use of 420 was never about a day in particular, Steve explained. It was about the time of day.

According to High Times magazine, the idea to honor marijuana on April 20 started in 1990, when a group of Deadheads in Oakland, Calif., sent out flyers inviting people to meet and smoke “420” at 4:20 p.m. on 4/20 — the earliest known record of celebrating pot on that day.

No one has ever stepped forward to claim responsibility for creating the flyer — not that it matters much to the masses of marijuana users who have adopted 4/20 as their chosen day of sativa satiation.

• Like 2

• Moderators

After this was in the news this morning, I was wondering who would bring it up? :lol:

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

No one has ever stepped forward to claim responsibility for creating the flyer

They probably forgot and just started listening to some music, if I had to guess. :wacko:

Smoking that devil weed will allow you not think straight, like the guy who opened a Glaucoma treatment clinic in Jamaica, not one single patient ever, go figure. The only thing that saved him was his pizza shop next store, you just never know. Well he ended up shutting down the clinic, it's now a music store, and he's making a killing.  

• Moderators

Well I like brownies, with special brownies I would guess eventually you would eat enough of them and get distracted from eating more, if not you just get back to normal 30 years later or so if ever, oh wait, dammm it's 2017.......... 

• Like 2

A couple of my Farmers are into the "Grow".

40+ years since iv partaken in the stoner lifestyle.

They tell me this is one of the few crops they grow that the Govt does NOT pay them not to grow....so far.

There is a couple times a year when you can drive on our river road, and you can smell a lot of farmers are into t

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

I would get to the 420 celebrations at 405 -- having spent so much time in the military, i’m trained to relieve the watch 15 minutes early. 

Me too....I'm always early. I hate it when someone or something makes me late.

• Like 1