HH Scott 222c Modified....

SWL

3 minutes ago, SWL said:

Thanks for the heads-up.emoji106.png

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Not to inceuate your a bonehead but to be on the safe side I'll add don't think "well why not just remove the output tubes" removing those would cause extremely high voltage condition to the entire amplifier. 

At this point I'm really not in a hurry to use it as a preamp only. The warm tones of the 222c are really enhanced with the Marantz. The stereo imaging it throws out there is admirable. Addicting might be a better word.

I bought it from another forum member in 2009 that had you restore it in 2006. It has been trouble free and sounding excellent the whole time I've owned it.

Well if he did what I was thinking he did the balance control would still work. The volume control might have a very minor effect. 

I just remembered him saying to keep the volume knob at 12:00. I can't remember why or what the reasoning was but my ears can't hear any difference.

• 3 years later...

Hello SWL - I appreciate your mod on the Scott 222c - may i get the place in Chicago where you had it done?  I have a Scott 222c that I want refurbished, it's been awhile since I had it working, bought it out in California a couple of decades ago and remember how surprisingly sweet it sounded (even hooked up to a Cd player 🙂 )

My plan is to use it with in a 2 way active bi-amp setup with the amp / 6bq5 driving the horns and still looking for an amp (probably solid state) driving the bass.

Thanks!