My first set

Close82

Hi everyone, I picked up a pair of Klipsch speakers today. The serial number check feature seems to be down. The serial numbers are 8849634 and 8849635. I am not really clear on what exact make and model I have here. Any information would be of great thanks.

18111361_461130634220965_1999545491_o.jpg

18120008_461130614220967_1693529538_o.jpg

18090543_461054544228574_647131623_o.jpg

18119645_461054537561908_1746820977_o.jpg

Close82,

Welcome to the forum.

You have yourself a fine pair of Klipsch forte's with a walnut oil finish.

I'll have to find the chart to know what year mfr'd.  Others will chime right in.

Enjoy those wonderful speakers.

Bill

• Like 1

I have a pair of Klipsch Forte speakers that have been sitting in the garage for what seems like eons now.  The receiver I was using expired long ago.  when I visit a stereo shop these days they just look at me and walk away calling out " upgrade upgrade ! "  It seems like the stock answer these days at stores is to throw away what you have that worked so well and buy something brand new.

Well I don't want to give up on these old speakers because I actually liked them a lot.

And So I am now in search of some kind of modern receiver or amp and preamp that have the older post style wire terminals that can be made to connect to speaker wire.

Any suggestions as to where one might look for a receiver with 4 ohm connections ?

GuitarsandPeace,

Welcome to the forum.

2 minutes ago, GuitarsandPeace said:

Well I don't want to give up on these old speakers because I actually liked them a lot.

And you should not give up on them.;)

3 minutes ago, GuitarsandPeace said:

And So I am now in search of some kind of modern receiver or amp and preamp that have the older post style wire terminals that can be made to connect to speaker wire.

Can you post or link to a photo showing what you are referring to.

4 minutes ago, GuitarsandPeace said:

Any suggestions as to where one might look for a receiver with 4 ohm connections ?

Where is your location?

Bill

• Moderators
2 hours ago, GuitarsandPeace said:

I don't think 4 ohm's are required, I have ran some off a few different things with no problem, if the 4 ohm thing was for your forte.

I think all this concern about what to drive the Forte's with is poppycock. Or driving any speaker for that matter.

First time I heard a pair of Forte's, my friend had them connected to a cheapo 20w/ch. POS receiver. I was floored by the barrage of undistorted sound. That receiver didn't need to go anywhere NEAR clipping to pin me to the wall, with a poop-eating grin, of course.

If Close82 hasn't figured this out, it's because he hasn't turned on his receiver yet!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, GuitarsandPeace said:

I have a pair of Klipsch Forte speakers that have been sitting in the garage for what seems like eons now.  The receiver I was using expired long ago.  when I visit a stereo shop these days they just look at me and walk away calling out " upgrade upgrade ! "  It seems like the stock answer these days at stores is to throw away what you have that worked so well and buy something brand new.

You do not need 4 ohm power. You do not need screw type connectors. Just get a quality receiver or amp ....new or older. But I would recommend HK 430, 630 ,730.

Probably need to put new capacitors in the crossover of the Fortes. I have never had Fortes but they are so popular Klipsch is going to make brand new ones soon.

You could run the Heritage models with a battery powered boom box I have done it...lol

Keep an eye out for a receiver you like and try it easy enough to resell if you don't like it. It does not have to cost a lot you don't need more than 50 watts. My HK 430 powers Klipchhorns and does fine with 24 watts.

CLOSE 82.....you did good man....those are some good looking Fortes.

11 hours ago, GuitarsandPeace said:

Almost everything comes with 5-way binding posts that take everything from bare wire to banana plugs. 

And amps/receivers quit having "4 ohm" connection in the '60s, so no worries there, just make sure it is rated to drive 4 ohms loads.  The cheaper ones sometimes have a 6 ohm minimum to use smaller cheaper power supplies and heat sinks. 

Hey guy quick update. Found this realistis  sta-84 at the bottom of a stack of equipment I have.  Powers well and drives the speakers great.  Just needs the pots and sliders cleaned up. Going to tear into it tonight into tomorrow and get it back and see how it goes.  Currently I also sorted out the yahmaha they are on now. Had them hooked to the wrong posts. Sounds worlds better now they are not on a 2nd zone surround channel lol. 

FB_IMG_1493020915143.jpg.eb95220f7d13964c041aff300f17cfba.jpgFB_IMG_1493020918338.thumb.jpg.4c3a7ff08d7e2711fc343447098ff25d.jpgFB_IMG_1493020921534.jpg.c83648d736f7b7d93c6f18c9463444ee.jpgFB_IMG_1493020924971.jpg.01c5ab28f9394755565ec7770885ba96.jpgFB_IMG_1493020911495.jpg.34a3a7797331d6a5592e3fc8bc1529d4.jpg