your worst case of sellers remorse

juniper

Recently Sold some tricked out Altec Model 19s, in mint condition, and although I have better speakers in my main listening area, I FEEL SICK ALMOST. Loved my 19s. Was curious If any of you have sold things audio or otherwise that you had some form of mental or physical reaction to letting go. Its so odd I really don't get attached to things. GREAT NEWS IS, they went to a true audio lover and a solid steward of audio gear.

Yes some regrets.  First things that come to mind are an almost mint Luxman R-117 stereo receiver and a behemoth Denon DCD-3520 CD player.  Both have obtained "legendary" status in their own prospective categories and they should have never left my home.:(

I too know both new owners and know they are currently deserving the love and respect they deserve.:wub:

Bill

• Like 1

• Moderators

Not sellers remorse but giveaway remorse.

I have only sold one set of speakers in my life, some bass heavy JBL's which my friend could not live without, and I hated, no mid's and not much highs all bass.

Many years ago when multichannel was new and the latest hot thing I decided to get into it for movies. I GAVE my setup to a relative, he repaired radios and Tv's and was going to get me one of those new fangled CD players. Like a dumbass I gave him a Sansui 8080, Akai 630 RTR , a nice Yamaha and Teac turntable and all my Lp's and RTR tapes. I miss the Sansui and Akai, it was my biggest audio mistake by far, never did get the CD player, he disappeared and I never seen him again.

I have quite a few, though I have got a few back and said ... meeeehhh I was naïve to think these were great.

But these 2-3 still hurt (maybe getting them back would help me realize that meeehhhhh feeling).

1. Harman kardon HK930 with broken knob shaft that I got for $5 - traded away that same day for a set of RTR series 3 model 4 which I sold a few days later for $100, the day I got a 3 pack of ESS heil's with 1 working woofer between them but all 3 amt's nice and intact for $20. However I never even listened to that HK930. I want that 930 back.

2. A Phillips speaker pair, no idea what model but these had 2 8" and a 2" soft dome mid and 1" soft dome tweeter. Man did it sound like heaven.

3. Yamaha NS25 and NS 344 sets. Didn't even get much $$$ for em.

4. Gave up a Realistic 2080 and got a RE - 2 electrostat's needing foam on the woofers. Yea I got killed on that one.

Cool.

Srinath.

Yesterday I sold what I thought was a broken HK630 to a nice guy. He later texted me said he deoxit the  heck out of it and boom it works....I had cleaned it a lot when I first got it and deemed it needing repair. So it set in basement and I became a collector of HK 430,730,930 and now I want that 630 back.   IM SAD

But I did convert another person over to the HK sound he said he selling his pioneer now...lol. I did talk him into getting heresys so I can only blame my self.

I also sold my sony 7065 which I bought brand new and listened on Koss pro 4 AA headphones while dreaming of being rich enough for some speakers. That Sony looked so awesome I thought... wood case built with class ECT. I begged borrowed saved in order to get that sony.

I probably had 700 albums (remember them?)  I had committed to the new digital age but I couldn't bear to part with them.  I held out for about ten years, tried to sell them, couldn't get 10 cents a piece for them, finally threw them out.

Now vinyl has made a comeback.

Big time remorse.  :(

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I probably had 700 albums (remember them?)  I had committed to the new digital age but I couldn't bear to part with them.  I held out for about ten years, tried to sell them, couldn't get 10 cents a piece for them, finally threw them out.

Now vinyl has made a comeback.

Big time remorse.  :(

Total bummer ! Albums were so cool, they were so big and fun to browse thru at the local record store. We could do it for a couple hours, and they always had cool paraphernalia to gaze at... Good times.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Schu said:

I regret selling off my collection of original screen printed Disneyland Attraction posters... I'll never be able to afford some of them again, if I could even find them for sale.

I got back from active duty in 1976, after being overseas for over three years....went looking around in my father's shop building where I had stored a number of things prior to going on active duty in the specific area which Dad had given to me for that purpose....never could find a long sealed cardboard tube which had blacklight posters and such in it...to include the infamous "Dizzy Orgy" poster, AND a collection of Winterland and Fillmore West handbills I had gathered up while staying with a cousin out in SF area in the late 1960's...couldn't find it anywhere...asked my father about it....he said he looked inside of it and couldn't see anything so it went into the burn can outside behind the shop a couple of years earlier!  If he had ONLY KNOWN how much money that stuff was worth!!!!...and worth FAR MORE nowadays!

It is what it is!