your worst case of sellers remorse

juniper

Musical Fidelity A308CR preamp, sold to replace it with a their TOTL special edition KWP preamp.  This was a $12K preamp and a lateral move.  Sold the KWP and bought another A308 plus matching amp.  Will never sell these components. 

I also sold my first house to please my ex.  Got divorced, rented a house in the same neighborhood and told the owner of my old house I wanted it back.  Bought it back 9 months later.  :D

Pair of MC 30's that I originally purchased for 50 dollars each.  A buddy of mine picked up 4 Mc 30s for 200 bucks at some sort of surplus store, and sold me two of them. I used them for years and for some stupid reason I sold them to buy a solid state amp. I have learned my lesson. As much as I move things in and out of my system, I do not sell the McIntosh equipment!

I also sold a nighthawk 650 that I managed to buy in 1995 for 3-400 with 1200 miles. Beautiful blue bike in mint condition.

I was riding it down 237 in Santa Clara CA when a side cover flew away.

Then a week later while riding it, I spotted that side cover - stopped on the left shoulder, walked back 1000 ft and picked it up - nearly intact with just a teeny bit of rash.

Sold it to a close friend, had 6-7k on it and he parked it for years - moved it to NJ from CA and back to CA. And sold it hardly ever riding it.

I also sold a GS500 I had owned for 10 yrs and 40K miles and with 48k miles I sold it in a moment of "brokenness". Had lindemann FE that I didn't even get to open and "discover" their secrets. But that FE handled like no other GS I have ridden (till I slapped a katana FE on them a couple yrs later).

I have also handed a lot of remorse to people I bought/traded stuff with, usually in the general arena of "I'll fix your busted amp if you'd pay me with that other busted amp" and I have fixed both ... or in some cases fixed theirs and parted mine out for more $$$.

To me $$$ regrets are minor. I don't consider selling something for $5 when it was worth $10 something to crow about. It has to be worth 10X atleast.

Cool.

Srinath.