The waiting Game, what would you choose ?

pallpoul

Well I have been waiting on my new 2.0 setup to be complete, It is taking too long waiting on my speakers, and it's killing me,  

So far I have almost all my essential components ready, except for the main speakers (ordered 6 weeks ago) and the TT,...here's a pic of it, w/o the speakers,.

My temporary set up includes the Heresy's III, filling in until the new speakers arrive,... The new speakers will be placed on the main wall, and the other stand would go as well as the TV, giving space for some wall sound treatment. I will keep my new Yamaha A-S2100, Yamaha CD-S2100, the Sonos connect, and will then add a T.T., and No subwoofer.

The Heresy's, the Primaluna dialogue, and the Marantz CDP will be moved to another room.

What would you be your choice of speakers for my new setup ?.

I won't tell mine, but I'll post a new pic, once the new speakers are in place.

58fd7021837e8_newsetup.thumb.jpg.97733ef96b31e3ebc208d1084d123ef0.jpg 

PS: room: 14# 16# 9 feet.

• 1 year later...
On 4/23/2017 at 10:38 PM, pallpoul said:

What would you be your choice of speakers for my new setup?

DSC01239OSB_WholeWall_25%.jpg

This is Artto's room--more recently

You don't need the acoustic treatments on top of the Danley SH-50s, and the subs directly underneath the SH-50s could be replaced by a single DIY tapped horn sub (about $300 total cost--all home theaters need a good subwoofer to approximate the cinema experience IMO).

There are many reasons to suggest these over the competing "tall/thin" home theater towers.  The SH-50s are the most linear and dynamic loudspeakers known to me, and with outstanding directivity, that are available new commercially.  And they cost less than La Scala IIs.   

Remember that you asked what I'd do in your HT room.

Chris

(It's still good info addressing quite a few other threads per unit of time with a similar or identical question: "what would you do in my room for HT fronts <insert similar picture>")