klipsch rc-62-ii

Jeepers

Hey guys

first time klipsch owner that bit the bullet and found on sale the klipsch rc-62-ii center. Picked it up for $280 new.  How is this compared to the new series that recently came out?

as for front left and right I just got the r14m which in stereo they sound very nice.

**note: as of yet I have not unboxed the klipsch rc-62-ii but figure I ask if the newer series is better and possibly cheaper / better deal lol. 

Thanks 

Edited by Jeepers

I have a RC-62ll for a a few years now and like it very much. It's a very capable center channel, I'm running mine uncrossed (no XO, imo my HT sounds more realistic that way) and absolutely love the sound. I haven't heard the PR-250 or 440, but I wouldn't switch to PR just because I don't like the PR 250/440 looks. Just recently I bought a pair of RF-82ll from a gentleman that upgraded all his HT speakers to PR series and according to him he feels no difference.

Your center channel is superior to your main speakers, which is fine.  They are voiced very closely together and should pose no problem.

There is no need to worry or be concerned about the latest line of speakers.  The voices are very close together.

I think the newer RPs are a bit better, but I would not change your center in your situation.  The biggest gain in sound quality for you is not a change to RP but an upgrade from the R14s at some point to say, RB62s :)  Then you have a beautiful matching set of fronts that are voiced identically, and a setup that is extremely capable with anything.

There's nothing wrong with the R14s.  they are just an entry level bookshelf that's all.  

7 hours ago, Jeepers said:

How is this compared to the new series that recently came out?

Better than that.  You may only fall shy of the RP-440C and 450C.

as for front left and right I just got the r14m which in stereo they sound very nice.

You may need to turn your center down as it could run all over them.  The aluminum tweeters in the R-14M's will be no match for the 62.  You will want to upgrade those to the RB-61 II or the RP-160M at some point next.

as of yet I have not unboxed the klipsch rc-62-ii but figure I ask if the newer series is better and possibly cheaper / better deal lol.

Not unless you want to spend more scratch for a quad driver center...

Just now, IbizaFlame said:

Not unless you want to spend more scratch for a quad driver center...

The RP-250c is 2x 5.25" drivers, 60 - 25000 Hz and 125 Watt vs the RF-62ll 2x 6.25" drivers, 57 - 24000 Hz and 150 Watt.

Would the RC's larger drivers and a bit lower frequency response be an advantage?

Just now, dimanata2007 said:

The RP-250c is 2x 5.25" drivers, 60 - 25000 Hz and 125 Watt vs the RF-62ll 2x 6.25" drivers, 57 - 24000 Hz and 150 Watt.

Would the RC's larger drivers and a bit lower frequency response be an advantage?

I am assuming you mean the RC-62 II not the RF-62.

That's not the only real difference.  The port design is also different, as are the crossovers.  From what I've seen of the RP-250C too, the cabinet design also comes into play. I've heard the 250C on two separate occasions now, and it seemed to be a lateral move from the RC-52 II.  Just like with the 52 being a night and day difference from the 62, it's a night and day difference between the 250 and the 62.