Strange noise from one channel during warm up and operation

No.4

I posted this question on the diytube forum but I don't know how much traffic there is there anymore, so I thought I would see if anyone here had any insight or any similar experiences. The amp is a diytube Clementine using kt88 tubes. I have used this amp daily for over two years with no issues at all until now. Any advice is appreciated during this sad time.

Last night I noticed a strange noise from one channel while I let the amp heat up with the source off. Every 20 or 30 seconds give or take the left channel would make a muffled sound for a second or two. The sound is like a muffled pop followed by a faint feed back sound. I was hoping the sound was being caused by a tube failing but now I don't think so. I swapped the tubes this morning in hopes the sound would follow it but I didnt. The sound actually got much louder. I shut the amp down after the first pop because it was much louder in comparison. The left channel socket feels looser than the right so I am a little suspicious of that. Has anyone experienced anything similar? Any advice where to start?

The more I think about it the more suspicious I am of the socket. I think some of the noises corresponded with vibration in the environment. When I stomp my foot some of the times it would be audible. When I switched the tubes this morning the amp was silent until I stomped my foot; a few seconds later was when the noise crept up louder than before.

Not to jinx myself but I cleaned the tube sockets with some deoxit and "resprung" the contacts on Monday and the channel has been dead silent since. I have used the amp twice so hopefully this has resolved the issue. Although this is a diy amp I am very confident of my soldering and mechanical connections. Though I may check the tube socket joints to see if there has been any change with heat cycling.

Thanks for the suggestions, hopefully this will not pop up again.