Bob Crites Jubilee xovers

juniper

Really, guys?  Come ON!  In the Passive X-Over realm, "BOOST" is impossible, do the math, understand the physics.

Attenuation of unwanted mid-bass frequencies results in a FAKE "BOOST" of deep bass - at the expense of efficiency,

damping factor, and cost.  You WILL need a bigger amplifier - 6 dB EQ = 4X the Power!  CUTE Red Coils though...

ALTEC's 30904 and 30920 "Equalizer/Attenuator" networks in Grenada & Barcelona were the earliest introduction of

EQ into passive crossovers for the home, after the 9849/9848/9846 Studio Monitors - back in the mid 1970's.

On Thursday, April 27, 2017 at 7:00 PM, Coytee said:

Is this correct?  I was unaware that you can add boost in a passive....

That's what it says on the xovers, don't know if Bob makes more than one type for the bass bins, so I added his phrasing.....

6 hours ago, Deang said:

A solid state amp will double its power when the impedance is cut in half. If the drop in impedance is in the right place - you can create a peaking circuit. 

And likely make a lot more power when things let out the magic smoke ... unless of course the amp is capable of taking it.

In any case, a graphic eq or a parametric eq that's in some of these amps can also do that same thing with less likelihood of smoking some thing.

Cool.

Srinath.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I asked the OP here permission to post this.

I am offering a deal to go with the current bass bin crossovers posted already.

I bought from Crites new... the HF boards for the Fiatal HF200 8 ohm drivers.  I also bought the drivers new from him too.  I set up a guy locally with these on a K402 in 2013.  He has had a life change....moved....and doesn't need the equipment anymore.

I will sell the drivers and the HF boards  for $450 shipped in the CONUS.  I also will include the 4 bolts installed in the drivers at the exact length to go on the K402 with the nuts.   This will save you a lot of time putting these drivers on a K402.....it isn't that easy.

So to accompany the current sale only....offering 2 boards and 2 drivers shipped in CONUS fedex insured.  Personal check only and cleared before shipping.

jc