Help with purchase an amplifier

GZazan

Hello all, I have a quick question for suggestions regarding buying an amplifier. I bought  Klipsch RW-5802-II In-Wall Subwoofer but the suggested amplifier is out of my budget atm. Can someone suggest me another one in the range of $200-$300? My receiver is a Sony ES STR-ZA2000ES.

I really appreciate any help as I have no idea what I can buy that work with no issues.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Youthman said:

Welcome to the forums.  What is your budget for an amp?  Does your receiver have a subwoofer pre-out?

This would be a budget amp https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-apa150-150w-power-amplifier--300-812

Thank you.

My budget is anywhere between $200-$300 or at least this is how much I want to spend. If something will do the job cheaper of-course I will get it, Subwoofer has a pre-out. (I put in image below just in case). Unfortunate your link is not working. If you could post me a few options I can choose from that will be great.1.thumb.png.047bd3695ee27012460ed47bb2bdea64.png

I would look into an older Panasonic saxr 55, great reviews, very musical, 100 watts dual mono, and you can get one for 100 off ebay. I have had a slew of much more expensive amps, of the 25 or so amp preamp combos, very few have bested it, at a fraction of the price. A lot of people love this amp and there are reasons for it. Good luck!

• Like 1

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, GZazan said:

Unfortunate your link is not working. If you could post me a few options I can choose from that will be great.

I just checked and both links above are working on my end.  If the links are not working for you, go to www.parts-express.com and search for Part # 300-812.  It's an APA150 amplifier (100 x 1 in Bridge Mono).  You would use one of the sub out's on your receiver and go into an RCA Y Splitter and plug into the the Left and Right Line Input on the sub, then speaker wire out from the amp (see Bridge Mono Label on the back of the amp) to your subwoofer.

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, juniper said:

I would look into an older Panasonic saxr 55

From what I can see, this is a receiver.  The OP has a receiver and he is trying to connect a passive subwoofer to his setup.  Unless I am missing something, I would think a Mono or a Stereo Amp that is capable of Bridging the two channels would be what he is looking for. 

7 minutes ago, Youthman said:

From what I can see, this is a receiver.  The OP has a receiver and he is trying to connect a passive subwoofer to his setup.  Unless I am missing something, I would think a Mono or a Stereo Amp that is capable of Bridging the two channels would be what he is looking for. Actuall

Actually the PANASONIC SA-XR55 7.1 CHANNEL AV CONTROL 700 WATT DIGITAL RECEIVER AMPLIFIER is a digital amplifier.. and only costs 50$ atm in ebay.

Edited by GZazan