WTB: Heresy II Empty Enclosures Factory or Home Made (Texas)

LalaWoots

Hello all,

I live in south Texas and I am looking for a decent set of factory Heresy II enclosures since I have all the necessary internal parts. I live in a small town and have yet to find someone willing to build boxes much less find a set of factory enclosures. I will consider other enclosures made to fit the raw Heresy II drivers and will travel.

Thanks in advance.

I don't know if Erich will sell the flat packs separate from the SEOS kits.  If you can use this precision CNC 3.0 cuft enclosure it can be assembled easily with nothing more than wood glue and masking tape, that's how well they fit together.  This is a DIY kit and are sold for cost or close to cost to support the DIY community.

http://www.diysoundgroup.com/waveguide-speaker-kits/fusion-15/sentinel-flat-pack.html

seos_2cuft_talla_3.jpg

7 hours ago, wvu80 said:

I don't know if Erich will sell the flat packs separate from the SEOS kits.  If you can use this precision CNC 3.0 cuft enclosure it can be assembled easily with nothing more than wood glue and masking tape, that's how well they fit together.  This is a DIY kit and are sold for cost or close to cost to support the DIY community.

http://www.diysoundgroup.com/waveguide-speaker-kits/fusion-15/sentinel-flat-pack.html

seos_2cuft_talla_3.jpg

Nice box for the money.  Some stipulations though:

These boxes are only available if you have purchased the kit it goes with.

44 minutes ago, pzannucci said:

Nice box for the money.  Some stipulations though:

These boxes are only available if you have purchased the kit it goes with.

It's a super nice box. Great internal bracing and you would not believe how precise the CNC cuts are.  The sides not only match, they fit.

DIYSound group is run by a corporation named Erich.  Erich has dedicated himself to the DIY community by providing speaker kits at cost or close to cost. I've bought several speaker kits and a sub kit from him and the audio bang-for-the-buck is unreal.  In addition to selling through his own web site, Erich also provides flat packs to Parts-Express.

Because it's just Erich he can do whatever he wants.  If Mr. LalaWoots (is that his real name???) called Erich and told him his story Erich just might let a couple of flat packs go, you never know.  Erich sometimes has extras or B stock he lets go under cost.

The biggest problem I see is that the box was designed for a 2-way with a 15" woofer.  I don't know if a 3-way design would accommodate the Klipsch components.  The 3.0 cuft enclosure might not be big enough.

+++

Second Suggestion:  Mr. LalaWoots might also try going to his local Home Depot, Lowes, etc and talk to the guys in the back that cut wood.  They always know the repeat customers who have a wood shop.  I had the exact same problem of not having any commercial wood shops in my area. 

I talked to the guys at Lowes and they pointed me to a guy who was a school bus driver who had a huge well equipped shop who did custom cabinetry.  After I bought a couple pieces of 3/4" MDF he cut the pieces for me in an hour and didn't charge a thing.  I took the panels home and glued them up.  I had about $90 tied up in two cabs that fit my 15" woofers and a 12" horn.  No complaints here.

The enclosure is a little larger than a Heresy,  That'd be good so some additional stuffing and damping materials could be added to tighten it up even more.  Definitely would need to make sure it is very air tight with the front baffle and likely would need to redo some of the bracing due to the horns.  Nice overall though.  Good for a project if you can acquire them.