which tweeter

thumperxes

it's a simple question with many opinions, which tweeter.  some of the ones I'm considering are but open to suggestions.

beyma cp25

fostex t90a

b&c de10

b&c de120

de110

crites ct125

the only one I have is the ct125 for my new project but on paper I really like the fostex t90a. 

my project is a dual 12 either k22, crites replacement k22 if k22 sounds good, dual heresy 3 woofers or dual eminence kappalite 3012lf. I have these three to test in one cab. it is ported possible tune 30 hz ish and approx 6.9 cu ft if memory correct.

mid horn is currently klipsch k55m mated to yuichi a290 horn built myself out of baltic birch ply.  it may not be the best driver with my makeshift adapter to it but it is a major improvement over the k400 horn.

if u could run any tweeter purely for best clear beautiful highs what would u run not looking for harsh. my tweeter does not need to me mounted to any current motor board since there is none.

open to ideas and suggestions.  I know all of you have had experience with many of these with maybe exception of the fostex and it may be the most pricey but I have to change my mind on this cause I have spent 500 for a pair of tweeters for my car and love em dearly but always hesitant to spend that for the home, I must be dumb, lol. need the home to sound right.

thanks for the answers.and at some point I will post some pics of what I got going one speaker is drying in polyurethane as I wright this and other is in prices.

The Beyma was crazzy hot in every application of heard it. The de10 is my go to.  It's not the last word but is fast and detailed without cutting my ear apart. My personal fav in he eminence asd1001b. It's a ti but doesn't sound like it to me.   Parts express makes a d220 close with a polymide diaphram. If you can make it fit.  It would be killer. Polymikde has such a great sound.  The driver is larger than we are used to and a difficult mount. 

Faital Pro HF10AK + Faital Pro STH100 elliptic horn. you can't find a better-sounding tweeter below 500USD. I mean it. Faital Pro HF108 is also very good with a little less money. for above 1k$ I would suggest Fostex T500AMKII though it's not that easy to cross as low as 5Khz or so. Aurum Cantus G1 is also a 103db efficient ribbon tweeter that sounds damn good if you don't mind using something other than horns. Beyma TPL-200H might also be a good option. just my 0.02$

19 hours ago, thumperxes said:

new a290 diy horn on top of my diy pomelle sapelli lascallas 

and my new dual 12 ported cab in recon wenge with baltic birch accents to match horn.  cab is 1.5 thick everywhere and 30.25x30.25 x20.5 with 3.25 in tall feet 6 in wide by 5 in deep 

20170427_175452.jpg

20170427_175916.jpg

very nice build indeed. is there any calculator for this kind of horn?

On Friday, April 28, 2017 at 1:46 PM, Arash said:

Faital Pro HF10AK + Faital Pro STH100 elliptic horn. you can't find a better-sounding tweeter below 500USD. I mean it. Faital Pro HF108 is also very good with a little less money. for above 1k$ I would suggest Fostex T500AMKII though it's not that easy to cross as low as 5Khz or so. Aurum Cantus G1 is also a 103db efficient ribbon tweeter that sounds damn good if you don't mind using something other than horns. Beyma TPL-200H might also be a good option. just my 0.02$

man you got my mind thinking on these hf10ak I like the idea alot about using different horns on these too. these specs look nice too. definitely a contender if not the one lol. thx for the 0.02

• 3 weeks later...

I have just switched the DE 110 into a TSCM top [ takes 2 for each top]  with a most rewarding result to my ears.    Because of the size limits of the cabinet it was the only one I could find to fit.    Had to get the 16 ohm version to match the K78 units I removed.