Outlaw Audio RR 2150 Receiver **SOLD**

dloc13

I bought this receiver from Rockhound recently. The receiver works great, however I came upon a Classic Marantz receiver and I plan to use it as my main. The receiver is in fantastic condition and works great, comes with remote and manuals. Below is the original thread (with picture) where I bought the unit from Rockhound. I am asking $450 and that is shipped to your door.

Description:

Outlaw Audio RR 2150 Stereo AM/FM Receiver Amplifier160 Watts 2-Channel

Details:

It is no secret that the gestation process for this product was a long one, but that is due to the fact that, perhaps more than any of our other products, the RR 2150 has truly been a labor of love. With over ninety man-years in product design and over one hundred two-channel products among us, the Outlaw team working on this product would accept nothing less than perfection

• State-of-the-art stereo receiver inspired by the art deco table radios of the past
  • High performance FM Stereo/FM/AM tuner
  • Multiple inputs with separate record output bus
  • USB input for playback of streaming audio output from compatible computers
  • High quality phono input for both moving magnet and moving coil cartridges
  • Processor/equalizer loop
  • The only stereo receiver with a subwoofer output that includes selectable, analog bass management
  • Front panel "speaker equalization" selector adds a half-octave of bass boost at a choice of frequencies to improve performance with compact bookshelf speakers
  • Headphone jack with level control
  • Front panel stereo mini-jack input for easy connection to portable devices such as iPod®
  • Tone control defeat
  • Precision, motorized volume control
  • A/B Speaker Output
  • Pre-Out/Main-In connections
  • IR In/Out jacks
  • Removable IEC style power cord
  • Multi-device, programmable remote control

What you get:

• Outlaw RR 2150 receiver
  • Remote control
  • Power cord

The three people who have posted previously have owned this unit. You are selling after a couple months. You bought it from rockhound, who owned it a few month. He got it from silversport. I don't know how long he owned it, but this begs the question why this receiver keeps selling after only a few months of ownership? Feel free to PM me.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Wardsweb said:

The three people who have posted previously have owned this unit. You are selling after a couple months. You bought it from rockhound, who owned it a few month. He got it from silversport. I don't know how long he owned it, but this begs the question why this receiver keeps selling after only a few months of ownership? Feel free to PM me.

Good question

1 hour ago, Wardsweb said:

A good question that has been answered by 2/3 of the owners. 

"The receiver works great, however I came upon a Classic Marantz receiver and I plan to use it as my main."

"I have recently sold those and have no further need for this great Stereo Receiver. It is in flawless condition and includes remote."

I was in line for this very receiver, the last time it was offered. It comes with great reviews: One example

Not really trying to answer someone else's question, but...I know that I have bought and sold (sometime with remorse) equipment that I really wanted, enjoyed and then passed on. Tonight I sold a Luxman amp, and I might regret it. I just can't keep it all. Love the experience, but there is a blonde or a redhead with long hair or short hair with large  or small woofers that I have to try. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

A good question that has been answered by 2/3 of the owners. 

"The receiver works great, however I came upon a Classic Marantz receiver and I plan to use it as my main."

"I have recently sold those and have no further need for this great Stereo Receiver. It is in flawless condition and includes remote."

I saw the answers but was wondering, why the Marantz over this one? This one has way more functionality. So is it the sound or lack of? Same with the Heresy, did he no  longer have speakers or he did but prefers another amp over this one? I don't want to be just another guy buying only to turn around and sell it. I am looking for a long term solution for one of my systems. All my other amps are low power tubes. I need a high power solid state amp and I like the other features.

Boutique makes tend to drop out of favor fast in people's minds. Take a pioneer sx1250 for example. I know of atleast 30-40 amps that will produce better quality and quantity sound on any speaker you want to try. That's just the ones I know. And I have not heard an outlaw. I would still take a 1250 (and I also am a huge Marantz fan so I'll take one of those as well - bigger the better please)

Cool.

Srinath.

I am no audiophile. My dad gave me a turntable a few years back and some of his vinyl and i had a few vinyl from years before when i collected and then forgot about... so the new turntable had me searching for a receiver. I found the first one i saw at a pawnshop for $40, a Sansui 5000x it was great for a year or so then one of the channels started to go. I started looking around and then read a review for Outlaw and saw one from here. Since i like to deal with my peers and not ebay i decided to buy off here due to the reviews. Rockhound even gave me a personal phone call explaining the system etc. But in the back of my mind the Marantz always caught my eye. (You may be right, the functionality may be a lot better on this Outlaw). THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THIS RECEIVER, NOTHING. but sometimes, irrational or not, you just desire something else and for me it is the classic 70s Marantz, maybe i am ludiocrous but a want is a want. i hope this clears things up. nothing is wrong with the receiver and maybe this Outlaw is better than the Marantz 2270 i just got...i really havent had the time to dive into the Marantz yet but i do know i cannot keep both....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dloc13 said:

I am no audiophile. My dad gave me a turntable a few years back and some of his vinyl and i had a few vinyl from years before when i collected and then forgot about... so the new turntable had me searching for a receiver. I found the first one i saw at a pawnshop for $40, a Sansui 5000x it was great for a year or so then one of the channels started to go. I started looking around and then read a review for Outlaw and saw one from here. Since i like to deal with my peers and not ebay i decided to buy off here due to the reviews. Rockhound even gave me a personal phone call explaining the system etc. But in the back of my mind the Marantz always caught my eye. (You may be right, the functionality may be a lot better on this Outlaw). THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THIS RECEIVER, NOTHING. but sometimes, irrational or not, you just desire something else and for me it is the classic 70s Marantz, maybe i am ludiocrous but a want is a want. i hope this clears things up. nothing is wrong with the receiver and maybe this Outlaw is better than the Marantz 2270 i just got...i really havent had the time to dive into the Marantz yet but i do know i cannot keep both....

Thanks for the intel. I totally understand. I have several pieces of SAE gear and my Dad's Pioneer system, that hold more sentimental value than dollars. Sorry for all the questions, but I tend to do a lot of research before buying. Better information yields better decisions and less flipping. Thanks again.

• Like 1