CECAA850

2017 Pilgrimage Pics

396 posts in this topic

I was just going with the flow or the conversation, someone mentioned cnc. The PWK logo could be routed into the wood. The detail can be as fine as the bit used. Just thought I would offer. You guys think of something that might work and I would help if possible. Just give me a shout if you do.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, MookieStl said:

The PWK logo could be routed into the wood. The detail can be as fine as the bit used. Just thought I would offer.

I had no idea it would do that, that is a very nice offer, and could help raise money for the museum.

I can get the files and you can try it out and we can come up with a plan.

This is very nice of you to offer and greatly appreciated, that would look amazing. We need to figure what size is best and cost, and what it could sell for.

Thank You 

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, MookieStl said:

I was just going with the flow or the conversation, someone mentioned cnc. The PWK logo could be routed into the wood. The detail can be as fine as the bit used. Just thought I would offer. You guys think of something that might work and I would help if possible. Just give me a shout if you do.

The Logo we would be needing would be the Museum logo that incorporates the PWK logo within it. 

I'm sure the Renaissance Man and @dtel could come up with a couple of ideas together that could look good with CBC but I'm no expert 

Since woofer blanks are easy to get make a PWK and a BULLSH*T button, Leave raw so buyer could finish any way they choose. Could make walnut and cherry for the top end sales. Seems like a 10 inch dia. blank would be perfect.

1 person likes this

On 5/11/2017 at 11:19 PM, dtel said:

Great, but I don't know what would be an idea we could use ? That is to easy to do, but I don't know what would be a good idea for use with a cnc machine, I don't really know how small or detailed a design can be for a cnc machine. That was just just a few cuts for the base and the top stayed original except for a painted design (which is easy) and some spar varnish.  What a cnc machine can to is much more and what could be sold for the museum is what I don't know.

We can get Matt and Luther to work with what you started.

This is beyond awesome. I really wanted to make it this year but just couldn't. The pics and videos do a great job of showing what we missed and I can only imagine the work involved in herding these cats. The DTells make a great team along with other key members that made it happen. I love that pic of "Mr Martini" (aka Carl) yawning. LOL. I don't think he was yawning at all; he was hollering at the person that tried to make a drink while Carl was away from the bar. 

Good stuff to see a big group of folks get together for that long and have no BS. It's also good to see some young-uns there so the tradition can be handed down. I am constantly wondering when looking at the pics who is who. Putting a face with the screen names is nice.

How far away is the airport from there? 

1 person likes this

Depends on what you're flying…

1 person likes this

33 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Depends on what you're flying…

LOL. I can't fly anything. Can you believe they wouldn't let me become a pilot just cuz I'm severely color blind? Who cares what color those lights are?????   :o

So I'd be flying commercial to the closest airport.

1 hour ago, mxr dad said:

This is beyond awesome. I really wanted to make it this year but just couldn't. The pics and videos do a great job of showing what we missed and I can only imagine the work involved in herding these cats. The DTells make a great team along with other key members that made it happen. I love that pic of "Mr Martini" (aka Carl) yawning. LOL. I don't think he was yawning at all; he was hollering at the person that tried to make a drink while Carl was away from the bar. 

Good stuff to see a big group of folks get together for that long and have no BS. It's also good to see some young-uns there so the tradition can be handed down. I am constantly wondering when looking at the pics who is who. Putting a face with the screen names is nice.

How far away is the airport from there? 

Please know we missed you!

1 person likes this

Thank You! I was thinking about yall. I don't know how you kept Carl in line. Did you put one of those shock collars on him? :D

ETA:

Thats what he was doing in that picture!!!!! Getting shocked!!! Its so obvious now!! LOL

Shock Collars do not affect @CECAA850!

1 person likes this

13 hours ago, mxr dad said:

Thank You! I was thinking about yall. I don't know how you kept Carl in line. Did you put one of those shock collars on him? :D

ETA:

Thats what he was doing in that picture!!!!! Getting shocked!!! Its so obvious now!! LOL

My ankle bracelet pretty much neutralizes them.

1 person likes this

On 5/21/2017 at 3:49 PM, mxr dad said:

LOL. I can't fly anything. Can you believe they wouldn't let me become a pilot just cuz I'm severely color blind? Who cares what color those lights are?????   :o

So I'd be flying commercial to the closest airport.

I flew from California. Into Dallas then over to Tekarkana. I think that is the closest you can get commercially. It's about 30 miles to Hope from there.

3 people like this

That'll work, thanks. I'm planning on the next one, you guys are having way too much fun without me. I gotta get one of those ties. I likey!

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 6:46 PM, mxr dad said:

That'll work, thanks. I'm planning on the next one, you guys are having way too much fun without me. I gotta get one of those ties. I likey!

It's about 5.5 hour drive from your house. Maybe we can carpool.

Rick

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 0:43 PM, babadono said:

I flew from California. Into Dallas then over to Tekarkana. I think that is the closest you can get commercially. It's about 30 miles to Hope from there.

Then hitch hiked to Rodneys.

^^^^^

So Thats who that was?! Even with his Klipsch shirt on he looked a little suspicious. (Like most Klipsch owners) Wife and I rolled the windows up, locked the doors and drove by - quickly. If I would have only known I may have held on to that beer bottle -- oh well, missed  him anyway. No harm, no foul. 

8 minutes ago, richieb said:

^^^^^

So Thats who that was?! Even with his Klipsch shirt on he looked a little suspicious. (Like most Klipsch owners) Wife and I rolled the windows up, locked the doors and drove by - quickly. If I would have only known I may have held on to that beer bottle -- oh well, missed  him anyway. No harm, no foul. 

That was him.  He needed a way back to the hotel in the evenings and rode with me.  Have you ever been on Mr Toads Wild Ride in Disneyworld?

Have not. And the similarities - ?

9 minutes ago, richieb said:

Have not. And the similarities - ?