CECAA850

2017 Pilgrimage Pics

403 posts in this topic

Thanks for the pix.

WMcD

3 hours ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

I was wiped by 9PM last night and quietly disappeared for bed. We had quite a storm last night - woke up around 6:30AM and headed back home. One definitely misses part of the experience by only showing up for one day, but it was great to see everyone again, experience the evolution of the event, and to continue sharing my family with everyone. Big thanks to everybody for being so gracious and interactive with my 5yr old Adelaide - she had a blast and it was fun to watch all of you interact with her.

I packed up the camera gear before the live music kicked off, but here's my view of the day yesterday..

IMG_5884.jpg

IMG_5885.jpg

IMG_5887.jpg

IMG_5890.jpg

IMG_5891.jpg

IMG_5905.jpg

IMG_5906.jpg

IMG_5907.jpg

IMG_5909.jpg

IMG_5910.jpg

IMG_5911.jpg

IMG_5914.jpg

IMG_5924.jpg

IMG_5926.jpg

IMG_5933.jpg

IMG_5945.jpg

IMG_5948.jpg

IMG_5953.jpg

IMG_5967.jpg

IMG_5968.jpg

IMG_5972.jpg

IMG_5975.jpg

IMG_5979.jpg

I remember that "New" camera you posted last year, photo's taken since, and posted on the forum have shown a "Nitch"of someone who is on his way to knowing what "Looks Worth Shooting" and then doing a good job of it.

I inherited Mamiya gear circa 1975, and a complete signed collection of Ansel's, from dads estate, and DONT give a Chit.

Iv NO interest, what this did for me was teach me WTF a good photographer does IS art.

Dont get (Too) big of head, stick with B/W low Iso, you are well on your way.

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. Ansel Adams

2 people like this

38 minutes ago, minermark said:

I remember that "New" camera you posted last year, photo's taken since, and posted on the forum have shown a "Nitch"of someone who is on his way to knowing what "Looks Worth Shooting" and then doing a good job of it.

I inherited Mamiya gear circa 1975, and a complete signed collection of Ansel's, from dads estate, and DONT give a Chit.

Iv NO interest, what this did for me was teach me WTF a good photographer does IS art.

Dont get (Too) big of head, stick with B/W low Iso, you are well on your way.

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. Ansel Adams

given the nature of our relationship, this is no small compliment - thank you for it. And thank you also for the completely random AC voltage meter.

2 people like this

the pilgrimage was THIS weekend?  It would have been nice to know that before now. ;)

hope you all had fun and safe travel back home...wherever that may be.

2 people like this

5 hours ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

I was wiped by 9PM last night and quietly disappeared for bed. We had quite a storm last night - woke up around 6:30AM and headed back home. One definitely misses part of the experience by only showing up for one day, but it was great to see everyone again, experience the evolution of the event, and to continue sharing my family with everyone. Big thanks to everybody for being so gracious and interactive with my 5yr old Adelaide - she had a blast and it was fun to watch all of you interact with her.

I packed up the camera gear before the live music kicked off, but here's my view of the day yesterday..

IMG_5979.jpg

Great photos CJ

2 people like this

Awesome Pics, sir.  Addie was adorable and I think you caught a nice moment of us connecting.  Thaddeus should be very proud of that little girl.  She is a gem.

3 people like this

Thanks man, I most certainly am proud of her, and her sister for that matter.

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

IMG_5884.jpg

IMG_5885.jpg

IMG_5887.jpg

IMG_5890.jpg

IMG_5891.jpg

IMG_5905.jpg

IMG_5906.jpg

IMG_5907.jpg

IMG_5909.jpg

IMG_5910.jpg

IMG_5911.jpg

IMG_5914.jpg

IMG_5924.jpg

IMG_5926.jpg

IMG_5933.jpg

IMG_5945.jpg

IMG_5948.jpg

IMG_5953.jpg

IMG_5967.jpg

IMG_5968.jpg

IMG_5972.jpg

IMG_5975.jpg

IMG_5979.jpg

Looks like Jimbo making coffee? Seriously?

Mark

Just now, ZEUS121996 said:

Looks like Jimbo making coffee? Seriously?

Mark

Dude was hard core... Hand cranked the bean grinder and slow poured the French press for a dozen people.

Awesome coffee with Baileys. 

2 people like this

On 4/29/2017 at 3:42 PM, Wardsweb said:

Jazz time

20170429_174041.jpg

She sang "The Lord's Prayer" as her warm up/sound check. I for one appreciated that.:emotion-21:

6 people like this

Just got home from Hope.

11 hour drive in complete pouring rain the entire way and mega winds in Arkansas.

Rolled into Blytheville, AR just after a tornado went thru.

First I stopped at a Loves truck stop that was crazy packed with people 20 deep in line at the cashiers. They were not able to accept credit cards. Every gas pump had a car already there. with lines of cars waiting.

I went one more exit north and there was no electricity anywhere, every place was dark. so no fuel there.

I was at 42 miles to empty.

Next exit north the only building was a Shell gas station. Filled up and headed north.

Just over the Missouri line there was a house that was exploded. People were pulling clothes from the debris.

The Large interstate signs were blown over backwards and a telephone pole was snapped in half but the power wires were still connected to the pole.

Glad to be home but I would have loved to stayed a few more days.

To all my new friends....I had a blast.

Thank you to Christi and everyone for all the hard work you all put into this event.

The food and martinis ROCKED!

Evidence that I had a great time, I left my cooler at Rodneys Sat night. I hope someone is enjoying one of my Shock Tops right now. :D

4 people like this

1 minute ago, Davis said:

I hope someone is enjoying one of my Shock Tops right now. :D

Cheers!

Dave

1 person likes this

That's my wife sitting patiently doing her knitting, letting me roam about doing the "forum" thing. Same wife that has patiently watched as Cornwalls, Belles, Heresys, LaScalla, LaScalla again, Quartets, RB75, KHorn and now Jubilee roll in and out of our house. She has that same look when I show her a picture of the next speaker soon to roll in. She just looks up and rolls her eyes. And lets not talk about the dozens of amps/preamps. Now explaining the semi truck pulling in with a crated 1502 to be centered between the Jubilees just Might be another story. Just maybe --- but I bet not. An angel she is ----

7 people like this

And Michael let me add those are great pics. We tend to forget how well a story can be told in black & white. That is really a cool montage, Thanks. 

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

IMG_5884.jpg

IMG_5885.jpg

IMG_5887.jpg

IMG_5890.jpg

IMG_5891.jpg

IMG_5905.jpg

IMG_5906.jpg

IMG_5907.jpg

IMG_5909.jpg

IMG_5910.jpg

IMG_5911.jpg

IMG_5914.jpg

IMG_5924.jpg

IMG_5926.jpg

IMG_5933.jpg

IMG_5945.jpg

IMG_5948.jpg

IMG_5953.jpg

IMG_5967.jpg

IMG_5968.jpg

IMG_5972.jpg

IMG_5975.jpg

IMG_5979.jpg

Great pics, I find myself keep looking at them. B+W is my favorite medium by far. Makes me want to go out and buy another spool and roll my own. Oh, wait, it's about impossible to find film and I like consumables, rolling is just too much work and a completely different feel

Mark

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

Thanks guys! I've enjoyed what has been posted so far and look forward to seeing everyone else's perspective and stories of the event.

Wonderful photos Michael, thank you!

1 person likes this

Michael I am embarrassed to say I was sitting right next to you and did not know it.

I was going to ask about you but my brain was telling me Thaddeuss Young who plays for the Pacers so I didn't ask because I knew that was not correct.

Great pics, I was sitting there during a lot of them and knowing the details of the moment is very cool.

1 person likes this

This was a total surprise.

Mega Cool.

Actually the Chamber was awesome, it was Roy who was Mega Cool.

20170428_104941.jpg

20170428_104919.jpg

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, Davis said:

Michael I am embarrassed to say I was sitting right next to you and did not know it.

Don't be! I'm kind of an introvert, so I gravitated  to people I know from previous years and spent the rest of my focus keeping tabs on my little lady. So it's on me for not reaching out to new folk as well. ;)

I'm certainly glad you made it out and had a great time!

1 person likes this