Klipsch RW-5802-II

GZazan

According to the specs of the subwoofer it says : "AMPLIFIER Use only with RSA-500". Is this a true statement can someone confirm this or not?? I have a Dayton Audio SA230 230W Subwoofer Amplifier but I don't want to connected with the Klipsch RW-5802-II as I am afraid it will burn the amplifier. If anyone has any input please let me know.

I already got the Klipsch RW-5802-II  but I don't have the budged for the RSA-500.

Hello, and welcome. As you may know, the 5802 can receive 300 watts from 1 module hooked up and 250 watts with 2 module 5802's

connected to the RSA-500 amp. There are a limited preset selections on the rear phase adjustment of RSA. Probably would be alright but, while I may hook it to try myself, I am hard pressed to tell you to do the same. It seems I have heard others say it would be alright. Yet I am going from memory from an abstract conversation I barely recall.

Other's here may have experience along those lines. As for self, always used the RSA-500 to power that passive sub.

Anyway, not much to offer. Good fortune!

• 3 weeks later...

When they say this it's because the DSP in that amp is specifically programmed to these subs.  That includes limiters, high pass filter, frequency response settings, etc.  Another amp would work but you're on your own for the settings and you could potentially damage the subs.  The matching amps are much more plug and play oriented and will safely work with the subs they were designed for.  The THX subs are the same way.  Doesn't mean you can't hook up a Crown to them because it will fry the Crown.