Ki-396

Coytee

That's what I am shooting for!

I will likely wind up replacing the K-33's in mine with Eminence Kappa 15C's flush mounted.

I just picked up an Ashly Protea 3.6 to replace the passive crossover and set the PEQ(s). I have no idea yet how I will accomplish this, but every time I put the cart before the horse the job gets done. It has too!

None of it would have transpired without the feedback and sharing on this forum.

Let's rock!

IMG_1321.JPG

Wasn't the Chorus originally planned to be the replacement to the Cornwall?

Geoff...  I don't know if you made it to Hope this weekend.  I heard the 396 last year and but for the difference in volume, I could have  believed that it was the large system playing (at a lower level)

For all I know, the 396 was screaming its guts out....  but....it sounded fantastic.  Yet again, evidence that the K510 is "the little horn that could"

I wonder if it would be worth considering putting the Klipsch driver in the box?  (same one used in the 396?

I have no clue, it's an honest question.  

The puny 396 is on the right, almost being obscure with the other goodies however, it's highlighted by the trailer in the background.

I think I saw a picture where this year, they mated it with the big subwoofer....  dang, I'll bet that sounded killer!!

KPT Cinema Grandeur.jpg

5 hours ago, Coytee said:

Wasn't the Chorus originally planned to be the replacement to the Cornwall?

Geoff...  I don't know if you made it to Hope this weekend.  I heard the 396 last year and but for the difference in volume, I could have  believed that it was the large system playing (at a lower level)

For all I know, the 396 was screaming its guts out....  but....it sounded fantastic.  Yet again, evidence that the K510 is "the little horn that could"

I wonder if it would be worth considering putting the Klipsch driver in the box?  (same one used in the 396?

I have no clue, it's an honest question.  

The puny 396 is on the right, almost being obscure with the other goodies however, it's highlighted by the trailer in the background.

I think I saw a picture where this year, they mated it with the big subwoofer....  dang, I'll bet that sounded killer!!

KPT Cinema Grandeur.jpg

So this RAW wood box i see above has what in it?

5 hours ago, minermark said:

So this RAW wood box i see above has what in it?

Mark, that looks like the match to the black one to the right, an 1802. A single 18 inch horn loaded sub. A new 15 inch version was just launched and played nice between Jubilees. What these things do with a single driver is incredible. I'm a bit surprised you didn't feel the 1802 in Northern Cali !

• Like 2

10 hours ago, richieb said:

Mark, that looks like the match to the black one to the right, an 1802. A single 18 inch horn loaded sub. A new 15 inch version was just launched and played nice between Jubilees. What these things do with a single driver is incredible. I'm a bit surprised you didn't feel the 1802 in Northern Cali !

The raw wood box is the 1502.  If you look closely it's slightly smaller than the 1802 next to it.  It has a single 15 in it.  I think that's the same one we had inside at Rodney's as there's just one test mule at this point.

11 minutes ago, richieb said:

^^^^^

Are you sure? That photo was from last year; I thought the 1502 made its debut this year at Rodney's between the Jubes?

Pretty sure, yes but if Roy comes along and says I'm wrong then you know who to believe.  Now that I think about it, that's not the same one we had at Rodneys.  I think Roy said they built 4 or 5 along the way and I think that one is an earlier iteration.

20 minutes ago, richieb said:

^^^^^

Are you sure? That photo was from last year; I thought the 1502 made its debut this year at Rodney's between the Jubes?

Yes, that is what I understood.

Just now, richieb said:

OK - who am I to argue with the man who brought along a personal trainer to keep his arms in shape for non-stop shaking? And who graciously offered a taste of his coveted secret stash of Wodka! Salute --!

Well, you were correct to question me.  Seems we were both wrong.  I did some digging and that stack (last year) was called the KPT-Cinema Grandeur.  It was advertised as having a KPT 1515 bass unit.