7.2.4 set-up , need AV receiver advice Yamaha VS Anthem

hemo Ayham

Hi 

I have Built the home theater of my dreams , But now i need an AV receiver and iam kinda lost , i only watch Movies , and LOVE " in your face effect " especially from over head , 
my set up is 7.2.4 and consists off the following :

Fronts : 2x Klipsch RP-280F

Center : 1x Klipsch RP-450C

Surrounds : 2x Klipsch RP-250S

Surround Back : 2X Klipsch RP-280F

Ceiling : 4X CDT 5800C II 

Subwoofer : 2x SVS SB-13 Ultra

Power Amp: Integra DTA-70.1 9ch power amp

As you could see its a Big system ,  but i normal watch a movie no where near the Reference level , not even close to half of that . i would like to ask from these two AV receiver " Yamaha RX-A3060 or Anthem AVR720 " which one would you go for ? also i love Up-mixing off non atmos or DTS:X conent so would like a receiver that dose that pretty well.

Room size is 5m x 4m , and its acoustically treated ( with bass traps and sound absorption placed in there correct place :)

Thank you

Hi

Money isnt a factor ( as i get both for the same price via my brothers work ) , i have never used Anthem before ( heard really good things about it ) , have used Yamaha in the past but i liked Audyssey Dynamic EQ and what it dose to the surround effects. the Yamaha is alright , but they say the new RX-A3060 is good so not sure Yamaha or Anthem :)

Thank you

I am a big Anthem fan as well as Yamaha.  I really don't think you can go wrong with either.  Both are rock solid in their HT processing, great for music, similar in their multichannel power power tests with the Yamaha getting the edge with 2 channels but the Anthem closes the gap with multichannel.  Anthem's ARC is the standard by which all auto EQ is judged but Yamaha's YPAO is no slouch.  Both have multichannel preouts to add an amp/amps.  Where Yamaha may have the "advantage" is in the feature department but only by a little.

Bill

Hi Bill

Thank you for replying to me , i know i wont go wrong with either , but i want the best one for just Movies that will make you feel like you have entered an IMAX theater , its like when you enter a movie theater its good , but when you enter IMAX from the first sound you hear you are just blown away , that is what iam after and i want the over exaggerated off effects from the surround and overhead speakers :)

Any one who has haired the two brands please let me know :) and thanks for everyone who is trying to help :D

Is your plan to use all 9 channels of the Integra amp?

I have not used Anthem or Yamaha products in an HT setup but do know that Anthem HT processors for the last 10 to 15 years have been considered some of the best you can buy.  I am sure the 720 has benefited from some trickle down technology from their flagship products.

9 minutes ago, hemo Ayham said:

Any one who has haired the two brands please let me know :) and thanks for everyone who is trying to help :D

Maybe someone who has used both Anthem and Yamaha will chime in.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you guys for your input :) 

iam going to audition the Yamaha RX-A3060 very shortly and report back to you guys.

i just have a Question , we have a long listening position ( 3 meters  from the center speaker to the main seating position ) the surround back is just 1 meter from that seating position but between the center and seating position , that space we have 12+ bean bags , so my Question would be where to place the surround RP-250S speakers ?

Should i place it in the middle off the 3m ? also should i stick with the RP-250S or go in-wall to the Klipsch R-5650-S II , as our width off the room isnt big at 4m and the RP-250s is sticking out.

Thank you 

On 4/29/2017 at 10:27 PM, hemo Ayham said:

Hi 

I have Built the home theater of my dreams , But now i need an AV receiver and iam kinda lost , i only watch Movies , and LOVE " in your face effect " especially from over head , 
my set up is 7.2.4 and consists off the following :

Fronts : 2x Klipsch RP-280F

Center : 1x Klipsch RP-450C

Surrounds : 2x Klipsch RP-250S

Surround Back : 2X Klipsch RP-280F

Ceiling : 4X CDT 5800C II 

Subwoofer : 2x SVS SB-13 Ultra

Power Amp: Integra DTA-70.1 9ch power amp

As you could see its a Big system ,  but i normal watch a movie no where near the Reference level , not even close to half of that . i would like to ask from these two AV receiver " Yamaha RX-A3060 or Anthem AVR720 " which one would you go for ? also i love Up-mixing off non atmos or DTS:X conent so would like a receiver that dose that pretty well.

Room size is 5m x 4m , and its acoustically treated ( with bass traps and sound absorption placed in there correct place :)

Thank you

my setup is pretty close to yours, except I am using RS-62II's for surrounds. Also using the 5800's for ceiling duty. can't speak for the Anthem, but currently using the YamahaA3060 and love it. Great for movies and music. I have an external amp hooked up for 7.1.4 setup. It sounds awesome when upmixing non-atoms material too.  My room is treat too which definitely makes the room more dead quiet and the yamaha has no problem filling out the room. 

On 5/10/2017 at 0:27 AM, Kman said:

my setup is pretty close to yours, except I am using RS-62II's for surrounds. Also using the 5800's for ceiling duty. can't speak for the Anthem, but currently using the YamahaA3060 and love it. Great for movies and music. I have an external amp hooked up for 7.1.4 setup. It sounds awesome when upmixing non-atoms material too.  My room is treat too which definitely makes the room more dead quiet and the yamaha has no problem filling out the room. 

They do sound amazing :) 

Iam actually in the process off treating my room , got bass traps and absorption all ready to be put on the wall but may i ask ( if its okie with you ) to share a few Pictures off your setup so i could get an idea where to place the panels and bass trap.

I LOVE THE UPMIXING , just adds something extra to the movies, what format do you use ? Enhanced or Slandered or DTS:X etc.

Thank you 

On 5/11/2017 at 6:18 AM, hemo Ayham said:

They do sound amazing :) 

Iam actually in the process off treating my room , got bass traps and absorption all ready to be put on the wall but may i ask ( if its okie with you ) to share a few Pictures off your setup so i could get an idea where to place the panels and bass trap.

I LOVE THE UPMIXING , just adds something extra to the movies, what format do you use ? Enhanced or Slandered or DTS:X etc.

Thank you 

here are a few. I also had some special order ones made for the left and right of the screen in black. hard to tell from the picture.

M4.jpg