RT-10D Amp replacement recommendations

Joeloster

The amp died. Any recommendations for a replacement amp would be appreciated.  

I am also putting together a home theatre in my new place. The space is 14×14 completely  open to the right side of where the tv will be. How much more subwoofer will i need? Going 7.2.2.

6 hours ago, Joeloster said:

There is a recent thread here somewhere about that very issue of the dead amp.  I can't remember what the recommendations were but I'll try to find the thread.

6 hours ago, Joeloster said:

I am also putting together a home theatre in my new place. The space is 14×14 completely  open to the right side of where the tv will be. How much more subwoofer will i need? Going 7.2.2.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "open to the right where the TV will be."  Shouldn't the TV be in the center?

Also, what are your other speakers?  Atmos obviously but know what your L/R is might help with the sub recommendations, ie one large one of a couple of large ones.

A pic of your HT area might help.

17 hours ago, Joeloster said:

If you want to go the repair route, there's a bunch of people that have used Edwards Electronics with good luck.  They have a store on e-bay.  I am not affiliated with them.

Thanks for the reply. The area is 14 ft sq. The tv is in the center of one wall. To the left and rear their are wall's. To the right no wall. Its open to the rest of the basement. A pain for speaker placement. Mains are RF-63 i am trying to locate a suitable center. Right now its an RC 7. Rears I am using for now RB-75 and RB-35.  No overhead speakers yet. I may at some point replace all of them but for now thats what i have. I'll try to get a pic up soon.

Can you just ship the board's ro Edwards or do they need the whole thing?