klipsch heresy bashing YouTube basher

dirtmudd

On 4/30/2017 at 6:31 PM, dirtmudd said:

Here's the video you were trying to post. I've seen a couple he's done and by and large, he doesn't know half of what he thinks he does.

one of his comments was the speaker doesn't reproduce to 26Khz, he mentions no reason why since the ear can't hear that frequency.

His other videos aren't much better. 

Finally, he appears to have little respect for anything he disagrees with

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EJC said:

Here's the video you were trying to post. I've seen a couple he's done and by and large, he doesn't know half of what he thinks he does.

one of his comments was the speaker doesn't reproduce to 26Khz, he mentions no reason why since the ear can't hear that frequency.

His other videos aren't much better. 

Finally, he appears to have little respect for anything he disagrees with

well the person I'm dealing with. just about feels the same way..just not

as harsh..I was searching for some info on the consumer reports oct78 issue on large speakers...when I ran across this video...

He sounds like I did when I was 14 yrs old, looking at specs and using them for my evaluation vs. listening.  Just keeps going back to the frequency response so they must be bad.

To some points, Heresy is a small speaker so won't have bass.  Yes that is designed though size doesn't necessarily force a 54hz cut off.  My Frazier Mark Va's in the 70's would go quite deep and were not much bigger volume wise to the Heresy.

Using a Heresy does require some support of fundamentals from a sub or other woofered box if you want to hear size and breadth of a venue.

He really looses credibility by complaining only on speaker response when you can complain about the Heresy in a lot of other ways (depending on version) that would make his argument much more credible.  Then again, I haven't heard a speaker you couldn't complain about in one way or another.  

When I build my speakers, there are inherent compromises that have to be made so just buy something you can live with all the warts on.  They will definitely have some.

• Like 3

You mean there were 2 of these idiots out there?
This guy Rossi appears to think that anything he doesn't like is crap. He has no respect for many of the classic designs or their creators who were the pioneers of audio.

He doesn't like Klipsch (harsher on some than others), Bose (thinks 901s among others are crap), and makes similar comments on Sonos. But at no point does he present his bona fides. 

He also claims to be a custom speaker maker. I would seriously question his abilities considering how little respect he has for some of the classic designs and the audio pioneers who designed them. He doesn't like Sonos, Bose, Klipsch among others.But aside from them not being to his liking he really gives no other reason why they should be disliked.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

the problem with him and his view.. he did not read about the frequency

responds of the speaker.. and he is right about having missing

audio frequency.. but the little heresy is basically a bookshelf speaker..

but what he doesn't tell you or anyone...the sound projected by the 

heresy..is the closest you will be to the real performance ...

I go through this with an old friend ... who has vintage Ed May and 

Bart Locanthi designs speakers jbl ,pioneer ,marantz..

one thing I did notice of the speaker's.. they have a exaggerated low/high frequency...or known as the California sound of the 70's..

do they sound good ...you bet.  But it doesn't sound like your their

at the proformace...live or in the studio... no !

Before I auditioned one of those speakers..I was giving a special

drum performance...by his son...

What I did realize is listening to those so called Ed and Bart speakers..

the drum sound reproduce wasn't real ..it sounded like drums of course. but not like you where there.. like just moments before I listened to his

son playing is drums...

so if you want to hear everything in all in one speaker that goes to the top and bottom of  there frequency range.....with no real feel of the 

performance get those...but if your like me ! and you like the realality of sound in a performance . like your there in the studio or the stage...Get the klipsch that floats your boat...

Copy this text and post it on the YouTube comments 

• Like 1

I have a feeling this guy would be very happy with the sound from a 1960s jukebox. He sounds like an idiot, and probably is an idiot.

Whenever a person compares one speaker with another, you have to consider that person's listening experience and qualifications. This guy does not appear to have the necessary bona fides for me to pay much attention to him. He says the Khorn isn't good because it only goes down to 33 Hz. At 33 Hz the Khorn can output a higher SPL with lower distortion than any commercially available home speaker, with a 100 watt amplifier. My guess is that he likes distorted bass because he compares speaker to speaker, not speaker to the original sound.

• Like 2

My wife likes to throw baby showers, wedding showers, etc at our house for friends.. I've elicited many many many glares and faces of disbelief from her guests upon entering the room and sternly condemning food/drink items on top of my speakers. 

regular visitors help her with the policing now, along with child management. :D

• Like 1

the music mentioned was my guess. the heresy does sound terrible with hiphop and dubstep/dance/trance. 

i'm just not sure why that was worth a youtube rant. the speaker was never designed for this

it's not even the response as much as it is how they reproduce the sound. 

i dunno, i've ran into statements like this over the years often. the one that comes most to mind is with car audio subwoofers. a lot of guys want a big bump at 40-50hz. they use small higher .qtc boxes that resonate and somehow enjoy that. if any of you guys ever upgrade the sound in your cars/trucks all i can say is do your own box design and ignore the "suggested" boxes. if you know the sound you like build accordingly 

I've never heard the Heresey's, I think the reason that Klipsch still makes them is because they still sell which I find to be an excellent reason to still produce them, if people like the sound why not? I've heard a lot of Vega's, and the only thing they can do is handle a lot of power and have a lot of impact. 

Even in the good old Vega days when they had the VS series Vega never could hit quite low. Even the 1215 which is considered the second best they ever made, only went down to 30 hertz and this was at a +/- 6dB, that particular model had a 12" in the front, and a 15" down firing woofer mounted at the bottom. 

• Like 1

On 5/2/2017 at 8:09 AM, EJC said:

...But aside from them not being to his liking he really gives no other reason why they should be disliked...

What more reason does he need-sounds no different then president T-rump. (the lower case "p" was deliberate ;-) )

32 minutes ago, Peter P. said:

What more reason does he need-sounds no different then president T-rump. (the lower case "p" was deliberate ;-) )

-- well now, aren't we clever. And this is relative to the subject thread - how? Maybe you should team with Mr. Rossi in his next 

stimulating video. 

1 minute ago, richieb said:

-- well now, aren't we clever. And this is relative to the subject thread - how? Maybe you should team with Mr. Rossi in his next 

stimulating video. 

The mystery man came over
And he said I'm outta sight
He said for a nominal service charge
I could reach nirvana tonight
If I was ready, willing and able
To pay him his regular fee
He would drop all the rest of his pressing affairs 
And devote his attention to me
But I said look here brother
Who you jiving with that cosmik debris? 
Now who you jiving with that cosmik debris? 
Look here brother, don't waste your time on me
The mystery man got nervous and he fidget around a bit
He reached in the pocket of his mystery robe
And he whipped out a shaving kit
Now I thought it was a razor
And a can of foaming goo
But he told me right then when the top popped open
There was nothin' his box won't do
With the oil of aphrodite, and the dust of the grand wazoo
He said you might not believe this, little fella
But it'll cure your asthma too
And I said look here brother
Now what kind of a guru are you, anyway? 
Look here brother, don't waste your time on me
(Don't waste your time)
I've got troubles of my own, I said
And you can't help me out
So, take your meditations and your preparations
And ram it up your snout
But I got the crystal ball, he said
And held it to the light
So I snatched it, all away from him
And I showed him how to do it right
I wrapped a newspaper 'round my head
So I looked like I was deep
I said some mumbo-jumbo, then
I told him he was going to sleep
I robbed his rings and pocketwatch
And everything else I found
I had that sucker hypnotized
He couldn't even make a sound
I proceeded to tell him his future, then
As long as he was hanging around
I said the price of meat has just gone up
And your old lady has just gone down
Look here brother
Now is that a real poncho or is that a Sears poncho? 
Don't you know, you could make more money as a butcher? 
So, don't waste your time on me
Don't waste it, don't waste your time on me (om shanti, om shanti, om shanti, shanti)
  • Like 1

I picked up a pair of Heresys at the Pilgrammage after a 15 year hiatus I would guess. Without any type of full review and only using them to stream jazz without a DAC I find them very clean, crisp, refreshing, honest, enjoyable and kind of a kick to listen to.

It's kinda neat hearing what these do after a steady diet of KHorns and Jubilees. And I'm guessing the Golden Ear Mr. Rossi would find fault with those as well. Good - there is no invitation extended for a listening session. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, richieb said:

I picked up a pair of Heresys at the Pilgrammage after a 15 year hiatus I would guess. Without any type of full review and only using them to stream jazz without a DAC I find them very clean, crisp, refreshing, honest, enjoyable and kind of a kick to listen to.

It's kinda neat hearing what these do after a steady diet of KHorns and Jubilees. And I'm guessing the Golden Ear Mr. Rossi would find fault with those as well. Good - there is no invitation extended for a listening session. 

I have a pair of 76 decorators..and a pair of hi-sm's..that I'm listening

to right now...

21 hours ago, Peter P. said:

Peter, please, I definitely share your displeasure, but this forum is meant for discussing quality audio (and ridiculing those who have no idea what that is).

It's supposed to be a haven from all the crap going on in the world, political or otherwise. 

• Like 3