First set of Cornwalls Ever?

Innocent_George

The Cornwall I's are hard to find and hold their value very well.

That being said , the Ebay sale is about $500 over the average.

+++

Hey @Alpha Lima, you have TWO sets of ver 1 CF-4's?  Nice. 

I bet they sound OUTSTANDING when paired with that pair of 12" SVS subs.

• Like 1

This guy has had them on Craigslist for a little while as well, and with a lower price...but it is still a too high price IMO on Craigslist.  They're about 40 minutes from me, but I don't need a 3rd pair of CWs.

EDIT - He's dropped the price to $800 on Craigslist, which is more reasonable:  https://maine.craigslist.org/ele/6108317354.html

15 hours ago, wvu80 said:

The Cornwall I's are hard to find and hold their value very well.

That being said , the Ebay sale is about $500 over the average.

+++

Hey @Alpha Lima, you have TWO sets of ver 1 CF-4's?  Nice. 

I bet they sound OUTSTANDING when paired with that pair of 12" SVS subs.

Alas, I have just one pair of the version 1 CF-4 (two pairs of version 3 CF-3s, though, which are still very good). Bought them from a fellow community member.

Those SVS subs are indeed quite lovely, and they give my system the lowest octave heft the Klipschs surprisingly miss, at least in my big living room. Since the (excellent) Bel Canto has an HT-bypass, and I'm already using that modded KLF-C7, I'm about to meld my 2-channel and home theatre systems, usurping all the Polks and Acoustic Research sub.

The Polk Monitor70s are likely destined for a 2-channel system for my sister, along with a Yamaha RX-797 and a Technics SL-Q3, so she can finally play her LP collection. Looking for an inexpensive CD player to do her CD collection justice. Not sure where the big AR sub will go, though.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ave Bona Cornwall said:

This guy has had them on Craigslist for a little while as well, and with a lower price...but it is still a too high price IMO on Craigslist.  They're about 40 minutes from me, but I don't need a 3rd pair of CWs.

EDIT - He's dropped the price to $800 on Craigslist, which is more reasonable:  https://maine.craigslist.org/ele/6108317354.html

At $800 that is a very good deal in that condition.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Alpha Lima said:

Alas, I have just one pair of the version 1 CF-4 (two pairs of version 3 CF-3s, though, which are still very good). Bought them from a fellow community member.

Those SVS subs are indeed quite lovely, and they give my system the lowest octave heft the Klipschs surprisingly miss, at least in my big living room. Since the (excellent) Bel Canto has an HT-bypass, and I'm already using that modded KLF-C7, I'm about to meld my 2-channel and home theatre systems, usurping all the Polks and Acoustic Research sub.

The Polk Monitor70s are likely destined for a 2-channel system for my sister, along with a Yamaha RX-797 and a Technics SL-Q3, so she can finally play her LP collection. Looking for an inexpensive CD player to do her CD collection justice. Not sure where the big AR sub will go, though.

My experience is like yours in that a sub or two absolutely gives the CF-4's that chest-thump lower octave that is missing.  I use a sealed 15" DIY sub that is super musical, and reinforces the bottom end sound from the CF-4.  It's the most accurate sound I've ever heard.

My 5.1 setup also has mis-matched speakers all over the place.  Audyssey in my Onk 717 makes them all play nice together. 

• Like 1