Burning in RF7's

Heya everyone!

I'm getting my RF7's at the end of may, and I just wanted to get some info on how to burn them in. I've had new speakers before but I haven't really paid attention to burning them in. I plan on letting them play as long as possible even when I'm not in the house. I know the debate about burning in speakers and I've never been able to test it out, so I'd like to do it just in case haha.

Any tips?

Cheers

2 hours ago, pzannucci said:

Place fronts as close together as you can to minimize noise and exercise them with good bass to loosen up the spider and surrounds. 

You can wire one out of phase while doing this to minimize noise as well.  Personally I'd just hook them up and listen to them.  They'll break in on their own.

10 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

You can wire one out of phase while doing this to minimize noise as well.  Personally I'd just hook them up and listen to them.  They'll break in on their own.

DOH.... Yes, I forgot that VERY important item, out of phase.    Too early in the morning.  

Definitely break them in if new.  If you don't, just be aware that they will likely lack bass and sound screechy.  Just don't be tainted by the first listens if you don't do some initial break in.

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

I'll definitely be listening, but when not in the room I'll let them play. Is the out of phase part optional? 

When I was given a pair of old KG 5.2s that had never been used, I broke them in by playing video games and music with my sub off and bass tone control all the way up. Sounded a bit whumpy, but it did accelerate the process. In my experience (my only other pair that was bought new was my old Synergy F-20s) Klipsch speakers sound pretty rough before break-in so be sure to be patient!

5 hours ago, chriswhotakesphotos said:

When I was given a pair of old KG 5.2s that had never been used, I broke them in by playing video games and music with my sub off and bass tone control all the way up. Sounded a bit whumpy, but it did accelerate the process. In my experience (my only other pair that was bought new was my old Synergy F-20s) Klipsch speakers sound pretty rough before break-in so be sure to be patient!

How long would this break in take? 100 hours?

Edit: At what volume should I break them in if I'm not listening to them, normal listening levels or louder?

Edited by AlmostGod

On 5/2/2017 at 6:26 AM, AlmostGod said:

Heya everyone!

I'm getting my RF7's at the end of may, and I just wanted to get some info on how to burn them in. I've had new speakers before but I haven't really paid attention to burning them in.

Repeat this process and you will be happy.  There is no need to burn them in.  The suspension will loosen up with normal use.

21 hours ago, derrickdj1 said:

Repeat this process and you will be happy.  There is no need to burn them in.  The suspension will loosen up with normal use.

Okay thanks! Can I crank them up a little when I first get them, will probably be getting them tomorrow!! Can't wait!