Your Other Forum Name

wvu80

15 minutes ago, Stephen Schaffer said:

Over on AudioKarma I go by "RT FAN", which stands for Richard Thompson Fan, as you may or may not have noticed by my avatar. One of the top 3 guitarists I have seen over my 40+ years of seeing live music. I wonder if I can change my name here to RT FAN without losing my modest post count accumulated here on the Klipsch forum.

Stephen, you have now piqued my interest in Richard Thompson, whom I had never (by name) heard of before.

Who else is in your top 3?

8 minutes ago, Stephen Schaffer said:

Thanks, CECAA850. I see with the moderator's mantle comes great responsibilty. What do I need to do?

Find your user name on the top left of the page.

Click the arrow to open the drop down box.

Click Account Settings.

Click Display name.

8 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Stephen, you have now piqued my interest in Richard Thompson, whom I had never (by name) heard of before.

Who else is in your top 3?

Best acoustic guitarist I ever saw was the great Leo Kottke. Best on the electric was the recently deceased Allan Holdsworth, best on both is Thompson. I have seen many other greats, like Robert Fripp, John McLaughlin, Les Paul, Buddy Guy, Clapton, Beck, Stevie Ray, Johnny Winter and plenty of others both well known and obscure. For my tastes, the three I mentioned are very special.

53 minutes ago, RT FAN said:

Best acoustic guitarist I ever saw was the great Leo Kottke. Best on the electric was the recently deceased Allan Holdsworth, best on both is Thompson. I have seen many other greats, like Robert Fripp, John McLaughlin, Les Paul, Buddy Guy, Clapton, Beck, Stevie Ray, Johnny Winter and plenty of others both well known and obscure. For my tastes, the three I mentioned are very special.

Tommy Emmanuel on your list?

Kottke's Greenhouse album is one of my all time favorites.  Saw him in 1973 in Grand Rapids, Michigan.  He played a 12 string, and you would have sworn there were two other guitarists on stage with him...

46 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Tommy Emmanuel on your list?

Kottke's Greenhouse album is one of my all time favorites.  Saw him in 1973 in Grand Rapids, Michigan.  He played a 12 string, and you would have sworn there were two other guitarists on stage with him...

Tommy Emmanuel is an amazing player. Just missed him live a year or so ago. He was in town and I forgot all about it.

Leo Kottke is responsible for plenty of broken fingers & egos in the world of guitar playing. I only saw him twice but was amazed both times. I have at least a dozen if not more cds/LPs by him. Few players are in his rarified air.

On 5/2/2017 at 6:56 PM, dirtmudd said:

you can use a name generator..like this

Professor Poopypants' Name Changer

The following is an excerpt from a children's book, "Captain Underpants and the Perilous Plot of Professor Poopypants", by Dav Pilkey: The evil Professor forces everyone to assume new names ....

Use the first letter of your first name to determine your NEW first name:

a = stinky
b = lumpy
c = buttercup
d = gidget
e = crusty
f = greasy
g = fluffy

h = cheeseball
i = chim-chim
j = poopsie
k = flunky
l = booger
m = pinky
n = zippy

o = goober
p = doofus
q = slimy
r = loopy
s = snotty
t = falafel

u = dorkey
v = squeezit
w = oprah
x = skipper
y = dinky
z = zsa-zsa

Use the first letter of your last name to dertermine the first half of your NEW last name:

a = diaper
b = toilet
c = giggle
d = bubble
e = girdle
f = barf
g = lizard

h = waffle
i = cootie
j = monkey
k = potty
l = liver
m = banana
n = rhino

o = burger
p = hamster
q = toad
r = gizzard
s = pizza
t = gerbil

u = chicken
v = pickle
w = chuckle
x = tofu
y = gorilla
z = stinker

Use the last letter of your last name to dertermine the second half of your NEW last name:

a = head
b = mouth
c = face
d = nose
e = tush
f = breath
g = pants

h = shorts
i = lips
j = honker
k = butt
l = brain
m = tushie
n = chunks

o = hiney
p = biscuits
q = toes
r = buns
s = fanny
t = sniffer

u = sprinkles
v = kisser
w = squirt
x = humperdinck
y = brains
z = juice

Let's see, I'd be pinky gerbil sniffer, think I'll have to pass. It is funny though. 

Mark

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RT FAN said:

JJ, Tommy Emanuel has slipped through the cracks for me, one of those guys I haven't yet gotten around to. Any recommendations I can pick up on cd?

Endless Road and Center Stage are both very good, but it's really hard to pick any favorites.

Highly recommend you check him out on YouTube to get a feel for what he's all about.  It's amazing to watch his magic.

Somewhere Over the Rainbow, Classical Gas, and Guitar Boogie are all outstanding songs.  And, he's a damn nice guy.

• Like 1