Still have Promedia 4.1 with staticky volume control? Replace the potentiometer.

Get rid of static noise once and for all. 

For this fix, you will need a solder iron, solder sucker to desolder the bad pot, metal file, old phone cord, dual-gang b50k potentiometer.

For too long, my v2-400's have had static noise from the main volume control, and different channels would cut out as I adjusted the volume.

Contact cleaner and wd40 methods were totally ineffective.  The pot needs to be replaced.

So I bought some cheap B50k pots from ebay.

The original pot is a B50k x4 4-gang with 12 pins, which is difficult to find or expensive. There are some on alibaba, but it's rare to find a seller who lets you buy just one piece.

Making do with just a dual gang 6 pin pot, 

Using copper phone cord, the 6-pin dual-gang b50k pot is wired up to parallel contact positions in the 2nd row. 1 to 1, 2 to 2, 3 to 3, etc. on the backside of the board.

It works like new now.

no static, no channel cut out.

The pics below show the potentiometer hanging from wires, but I will be soldering it to the board, and then connecting the remaining 6 contact holes with copper wire. 

To make the original black knobs fit, you need a metal file to file down metal knob of the potentiometer. 

In summary, For anyone who wants to try this, you can substitute a 6pin b50k pot for the original 12pin, and then wire up the remaining 6 contacts.

I was worried I needed to find a 4gang 12pin pot, but it is unnecessary. 

IMG_20170503_004204.jpg

IMG_20170503_010019.jpg

IMG_20170503_012231.jpg