Center Channel Advice Needed

stevoc921

Hello!

I have a center channel question, I just recently ordered 2 Klipsch rp 8000fs, 1 Klipsch  spl 150sw, and 4 klipsch CDT 5800-CII ceiling Speakers. I need a good center channel to match this setup.  I only have two options due to my fire place mantel is only 10 inches in death.  The Klipsch 500c will fit perfectly and the 600c will be sitting about 2 inches over the mantel. If the sound quality is not that big of difference the the 500c will be ok. I have a large room 25 × 18. Which one should I get?

8 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

The center channel speaker and subwoofer make the HT experience.   There's more info on the center channel than any other.   Get the biggest and best one that you can.

Way to end the thread quickly and efficiently!  Hey @Rod5 welcome to the forum, no go spend some more money.:ohmy:

With that unit being a rear ported center, and I'm assuming, based on the 2" overhang, that this will be squeezed pretty tight against the wall, I'm not sure how that port will behave if that's the case, as I've not had that type of placement issue with a rear ported speaker.  I'm sure Carl or someone else will chime in.

On 6/15/2019 at 9:35 AM, Rod5 said:

I was thinking the 600c would be my better option. I guess I could get use to the 2 inch overlay on my mantel. It will be a tight fit but will work. Thanks for the input!

A 2” overlay is way better than the mantle sticking out farther than the speaker, the sound can be disturbed if that mantle is in the sound path. 

Good point, I will make the overlay work. I can even raise the back part some with the bracket to aim it more at the center sitting position. The mantel is about 5 1/2 feet tall so it is fairly high anyway. 

Thanks!

• Like 1