1983 letter from Klipsch

29,816 members I would say its one hell of a club now huh..............I still remember logging on to Klipsch website that morning and finding the forum.....I have a lot of shirts only one I'm missing is my old Lascala shirt that I wore out...lol

• Like 1

On 5/3/2017 at 0:19 PM, ricktate said:

Is it there now?  I wonder f I helped get the forum started????  I do not know who started it or exactly when it started I joined in 2001.....

There is a thread where they're talking about join dates, 1999 seems to be the oldest.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, pzannucci said:

This forum has significantly morphed since those days.  I do miss all the churn and technical information  ALK used to provide.  It kept thing interesting.

I too miss the contributions of ALK and others.  I don't miss the personal attacks.  IMO, ALK was too thin-skinned.  He perceived each disagreement as a personal attack.  

5 hours ago, pzannucci said:

This forum has significantly morphed since those days.  I do miss all the churn and technical information  ALK used to provide.  It kept thing interesting.

Churn?  Maybe I define it differently.  Al WAS good for/to supplying technical data.  I enjoyed it.  It helped me learn and understand filter networks better.  One circuits class and an OLD Loudspeaker Design Cookbook wasn't enough.  

Before the Pilgrimage, I emailed Al to see if he would come.  He wouldn't, claiming he had been banned.  Now, he is officious and was often unkind to Klipsch's engineering team especially concerning crossovers.  Unfortunately, he misses the point of engineering; it is never "cost is no object".  I bought and liked some of his early crossovers, but ultimately went back to my mildly modified Type AAs because the tweeter filter is better suited to the K-77-M (and my ears).  It is unfortunate he was so argumentative and withdrew from the Forums.        

• Like 1

On 5/7/2017 at 10:54 AM, Ceptorman said:

John Albright joined 9 days later :D

I just Looked.  It was a few weeks after I bought my La Scalas.  I was so proud and looking for any information I could find.  Mine were mismatched, one year apart and one with a K-55-V and another with a K-55-M. 

• Like 2

I was on my second set of k-horns and other misc Klipsch.  I think I had just purchased a set of KLF-30s and was looking to register them when I stumbled upon this forum.

Interesting times back then and maybe too much personality though a significant amount of good technical information.

16 hours ago, John Albright said:

Churn?  Maybe I define it differently.  Al WAS good for/to supplying technical data.  I enjoyed it.  It helped me learn and understand filter networks better.  One circuits class and an OLD Loudspeaker Design Cookbook wasn't enough.  

Before the Pilgrimage, I emailed Al to see if he would come.  He wouldn't, claiming he had been banned.  Now, he is officious and was often unkind to Klipsch's engineering team especially concerning crossovers.  Unfortunately, he misses the point of engineering; it is never "cost is no object".  I bought and liked some of his early crossovers, but ultimately went back to my mildly modified Type AAs because the tweeter filter is better suited to the K-77-M (and my ears).  It is unfortunate he was so argumentative and withdrew from the Forums.        

Yes the point when Al figured out the elliptical filter bits and things of that nature were always good reading.  The "cost is no object" is something a lot of folks need to understand as there is a point of diminishing returns especially when a company needs to hit a cost target.

• Like 2

Oct 1999 here. Seems like only yesterday...oh wait, I'm old!  By that time I'd owned klipschorns, belles, klipschorns, heresys...(long story). In between, 3 pair of Magneplanars, vandersteens, AR91s, Boston Acoustics A400s. Owned Klipsch exclusively since '95 or so. I currently own Lascalas. I once made it to Hope, got to sit at PWK's old desk when Nancy Barnes gave me the nickel tour. But my claim to fame is, I've actually met DJK :) 

• Like 1