Just got my RF-7 ii's

Hey everyone,

I just picked up and installed my RF-7's. I got them in Black since Cherry was unavailable in the entire country and at the distributor. First things first, right out of the box, a few cosmetic issues, one of the feet wasn't drilled correctly, so it sits at an angle. And at the other side the veneer isn't glued correctly, you see a little piece of wood near the bass port.

Besides that they sound good, I already played 2 songs so I need to give it some time haha. 

I've got them toe'd in a little, not sure if it's to much they got about 2 - 2.5 meters in between 'em.

Would this be enough?

Congrats on the new speakers, those are very nice. Sorry to hear about the blemishes, are you going to deal with them or are they going back?

I would think 2.5 meters between them would be better than 2 meters. You can play with the placement, even the distance from the wall makes a difference.

Enjoy, let us know your impressions.

Did you get them from Klipsch directly???? I would probably just try fix the foot or ask for another one easier to mail that than whole speaker. You got pic of the veneer blemish ?

I would say the farther apart the better. My son just bought some used ones for a heck of deal and they sound awesome.

My $0.02 As long as you got these from an authorized dealer or Klipsch they should be in PERFECT condition. Mine were. I would not except anything less, they cost too much to have blemishes. Send them back, just MHO.

4 hours ago, avguytx said:

He's in the Netherlands if I remember correctly from the other threat that he was about to order them.

I picked them up today, and, these were the last one. The feet are in perfect condition, the holes in bottom plate are drilled incorrectly, this is something which doesn't change performance and it isn't even noticable, also the port on the rear. Perhaps I will call the dealer about this, problem is, there aren't any more. They had 2 pairs, both of them were reserved (one for me) and I have no clue if these are still available, also, it's a 110kilometer drive, just the drive, and hassle of getting the speakers there would cost me about 20 euro's... I'm in doubt what to do. I'll upload pictures from my phone in a second.

IMG_20170505_215723.thumb.jpg.06e73999a3a1ca3989f5fb9a7c193f90.jpg 

The top foot is off a little bit. Just a few degrees, as I said, you hardly notice it. Let alone notice it when it's standing on the floor.IMG_20170505_215742.thumb.jpg.7a20ce4eeb5db3c55a0eba43e2892a3d.jpg

The paper inside the bass port is not completely behind the plastic port, and the wood is visible through the veneer at the left edge. 

Edit: Ironic that about 15cm lower there's an inspected and approved sticker haha. 

Man, I want some RF-7 II's.   I'd sell my Chorus II for some RF-7 II's.  I just love the aesthetics and i'm sure they sound amazing(actually never even listened to them) and my entire music library is digital so maybe a better match for me than Chorus II?  Maybe I won't day dream as much if I upgrade the crossovers in the Chorus II's?

Congrats on your purchase!

51 minutes ago, AlmostGod said:

Why should these be merged?

Well, you could have just changed the original thread title from "Ordered my RF-7's..." to "Just got my RF-7's" and it could have just continued on in one thread.  You can change the title any time.  Was just a thought.

2 minutes ago, avguytx said:

Well, you could have just changed the original thread title from "Ordered my RF-7's..." to "Just got my RF-7's" and it could have just continued on in one thread.  You can change the title any time.  Was just a thought.

Ah, this I didn't know. Makes sense haha. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Considering your location, availability, and hassle, I would keep them. The foot won't be noticeable, the wood showing by the port can be fixed with a marker, paint, or caulk.

I think I'll just tell the store what the issue is, with a discount or a great deal on a center I'd be happy. Since there are no other RF7s, they'll have to give me the newer ones when they get out for the same price, I don't want the newer ones since these look better haha. I don't like the black front with cherry veneer.