La scala to hang from ceiling or not to. That is the question

Bmoelle

• Moderators

I would say if that works best in your room do it. Just remember it may cause you to loose some bass being off the floor, probably a sub would help with that.

Just remember to point them to the right area and whatever you do make sure they are secure, they would kill someone if they fell on them.:o

Did you try angling them upward to see if that helped?

I'd consider upside down in the corners.  The ceiling would act like the floor and reinforce the bass.  The mids and highs would be directed into the space better.

In any event, please share photos and welcome.

• Like 1

I saw a picture on an older craigslist ad where a seller mounted his LaScala's from the ceiling in his bedroom, so I see no reason why it couldn't be done.

However, I think you're going to lose bass even if you invert the speaker. The tactile component of the bass frequencies will couple to the ceiling, not the floor. Since the floor is more directly coupled to the listener, whether seated or standing, they experience a different type of bass. And I'm gonna hazard a guess that the midrange and tweeter were designed to not be so close to a room boundary. Signal bounce may cause some unusual results.

Perhaps rig up a temporary mount such as a tall platform, to see whether it works, before drilling holes and such.

Thx for all the input. I am going try angling them up and build a wedge type box underneath fill it with insulation to send the base to the floor. I will post pictures. The Khorns in the corners do restrict space a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk