How to ship KLF-30 pair + C-7?

QCAzStage

Hi all!

This is my first post to Klipsch Forum, so Hello everybody! :)

I will be selling a pair of KLF-30s with C-7 and I'm looking for input into shipping options, cost, and insurance...

Would you guys palletize and send Freight? Try something like uShip where the shippers bid the load? Or FedEx/Ups?

I do not have the original boxes (omg, I wish I did).  How would you pack them to insure no damage?

I appreciate any input. These are great speakers and I just want to be sure any potential buyers can enjoy them without headaches.

Where / how do you have them listed for sale?
This is something that would be worked out with the buyer. I would list as "it's up to the buyer to arrange all packing and shipping and I am NOT responsible"

Thanks for the quick replie USN.

That is how I have them listed so far, but I'm afraid that cost of shipping will be prohibitive to any potential buyers. Especially considering the set isn't cheap to begin with.  I also want to protect myself and buyer from any issues that could arise in transit.

Thanks Will, that was my assumption too. Best 'bang for the buck' and protection...

Should I custom make boxes? Like with foam to protect the face and cutouts to not press on the cones?

I am in Arizona, a little southeast of Phx.

1 minute ago, QCAzStage said:

Thanks for the quick replie USN.

That is how I have them listed so far, but I'm afraid that cost of shipping will be prohibitive to any potential buyers. Especially considering the set isn't cheap to begin with.  I also want to protect myself and buyer from any issues that could arise in transit.

This is typical if a sale is needed to be done ASAP. A local sell is best for all parties. A shipped sell reduces the sale price so the buyer gets a nominal value plus the risk involved.
Why not post the items here with price, location and photos.

3 minutes ago, willland said:

Where are you located?

The reason I ask that is because some of us have formed what we call a "pony express" for transporting speakers/gear to new owners.  For example, if you were hear in the Orlando,FL area and sold them to a buyer say in Atlanta, Ga, I could drive them up to Macon, Ga where I will be visiting my mom for Mother's Day.

Bill

• Like 1

USN, That's a fine idea Sir, I will put them up in the Garage sale section in a moment.

Will, That's actually a great idea! This might be the first time I've wished I was on the east coast LOL! 

No buyer yet. A few nibbles locally on CL, but only offers of like $250~300 for all 3. They obviously don't realize the sheer awesomeness of Klipsch......

• 2 years later...

I strongly suggest that you remove the mid driver off the horn pack the drivers inside a separate box which you can wedge into the bottom of the cabinet with  a large roll of bubble wrap on to to prevent the box of drivers from moving around. Reason for this is that the mid horn walls are very thin in these speakers (KLF20 and KLF30) and it only takes one good jolt to break the driver off the horns. I have had three such mid horns destroyed this way even after insisting the drivers be removed and even after the shippers saying they would remove the drivers. Yes lots of folks ship with the drivers on but do you want to mess with it after the horns are destroyed?

• Like 1

Very sorry that  you have had to go through this and to have your property damaged. So far as I can see ups is much the same as all the others. The reality is that goods have to be packed so even ups will have a very hard tome to damage your product. The additional effort and cost pays for itself in trouble free delivery.