$450 LaScala in SLC!!!

twk123

Believe it or not I track LS's in Condition C, D, F.  Average selling price is $925.  These are the 2nd most inexpensive LS's I have on record, the cheapest being a pair of LSI in Condition D in West Virginia for $200.

Question:  Are these a home consumer based La Scala, or are these La Scala Industrial?  Even if it's the LSI, the avg selling price is still $900.

2 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Believe it or not I track LS's in Condition C, D, F.  Average selling price is $925.  These are the 2nd most inexpensive LS's I have on record, the cheapest being a pair of LSI in Condition D in West Virginia for $200.

Question:  Are these a home consumer based La Scala, or are these La Scala Industrial?  Even if it's the LSI, the avg selling price is still $900.

Have you factored in the LS that got dumped off the back of a pickup truck in my driveway a couple of years ago?  $50.00.  Condition ZZ, Moose Lodge rejects....

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

They may very well be LSI's considering the painted logo, but impossible to tell without other photos.

$425, sure, why not.

Agreed, for $425 use 'em as-is in the garage or use them for a really nice base to re-finish and upgrade.  You've done great work, and I've seen Mustang Guy not simply re-finish but restore from a nearly destroyed box.

I also agree, very little information.  No serial number, no info on which XO is used, no birthday.  Still, I hope someone here snags those and does a project thread on them.

I have purchased La Scala for $75, $100, $800 (LSI with crites tweeters), $850 (LSI splits), and $2000.

However, $2000 was a package deal (BLS in excellent condition, 2 - PS audio preamps, PS Audio amp, 2 magna dynalabs tuners, Mac cd player and mac 2205 in wooden case)

I only consider the $800 and $850 as relevant prices and the others as awesome deals.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, opusk2k9 said:

I have purchased La Scala for $75, $100, $800 (LSI with crites tweeters), $850 (LSI splits), and $2000.

However, $2000 was a package deal (BLS in excellent condition, 2 - PS audio preamps, PS Audio amp, 2 magna dynalabs tuners, Mac cd player and mac 2205 in wooden case)

I only consider the $800 and $850 as relevant prices and the others as awesome deals.

When it comes to finding deals, I put you and Mr. Youthman in the same "Legendary" class.  B)

• Like 1

I purchased an original pair of 1986 LaScalas from CL last weekend for $1,000 (thanks to a fellow forum member pointing it out to me) in the Chicago market. Very nice shape and bought from original owner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Drewg said:

I purchased an original pair of 1986 LaScalas from CL last weekend for $1,000 (thanks to a fellow forum member pointing it out to me) in the Chicago market. Very nice shape and bought from original owner.

Worth every penny for the condition they are in.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Cantilope said:

FYI - I offered to pick these up and he has decided to keep them.  He said they sound too good... how can I argue that.

That's usually code for "oh, I am getting 5000 calls on these in an hour, I should raise the $$$.

Someone did that to a set of B&W 805's in Atlanta. @ 8-900 they were a steal. Now they're $1500 and sitting for a month.

Cool.

Srinath.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2017 at 8:52 AM, Cantilope said:

FYI - I offered to pick these up and he has decided to keep them.  He said they sound too good... how can I argue that.

If anyone jumped on these I figured you would be on it. :cool:

@Cantilope Did you see these KP-3002s for $400?

http://www.ksl.com/classifieds/listing/44040889

On 5/9/2017 at 9:04 AM, Srinath said:

That's usually code for "oh, I am getting 5000 calls on these in an hour, I should raise the $$$.

Someone did that to a set of B&W 805's in Atlanta. @ 8-900 they were a steal. Now they're $1500 and sitting for a month.

Cool.

Srinath.

He might be honest, these have been sitting on the market for at least a week. UT has a slow market for heritage stuff.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2017 at 4:20 PM, twk123 said:

Did you see these KP-3002s for $400?

No, but now I have... I really don't need these, but I do have a foursome of the KP-4000s in my basement, but I think I have 3 blown radiators and 2 bad drivers (they were free).  They are the big 18"s that go underneath.  I wonder if they'd be worth getting and fixing up the bottoms and matching them up.  I really need these like a hole in the head.  I have about thrown away the KP-4000s... not worth fixing hard to find parts.