150 watts maximum

muel

So my new hs graduate is signing up for her dorm room for next Fall and I'm reading the dorm rules... what you can bring and what you can't.  Let's see... no hot plate, toaster oven, no stereo over 150 watts.

Nothing over 150 watts?!?!?!

heh...

heh heh...

heh heh heh..

AHHHHH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA  HA HA HA HA!!!

• Like 7

150 Watts - is that peak or RMS, at 4 or 8 ohms (maybe 16 ohms :ph34r: ), and all channels driven? :)

The beautiful thing about Klipsch is efficiency - maybe a good thing they don't know to write rules to cover them.

There was a day when you could listen to a good sound system in the school library alas those days are gone.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Ole Dollar said:

The beautiful thing about Klipsch is efficiency - maybe a good thing they don't know to write rules to cover them.

They have no idea what they are in for, even at 15 wpc. When they change the rules to 5 wpc the poor kid with the electrostat speaker will not even be able to listen to the news on his stereo. :lol:  

• Like 2

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, John Albright said:

No toaster oven?!, no Gridddle!!  How is she supposed to eat!!??  :D

Kids today can survive with just a microwave and frozen junk to put in it.

I think it's their favorite way, it seem so anyway. 

2 minutes ago, dtel said:

Kids today can survive with just a microwave and frozen junk to put in it.

I think it's their favorite way, it seem so anyway. 

Actually "Chef Mike" and I have a hate-hate relationship.  The only time I ever interacted with a microwave was to clean up the cookie dough the drunken roommates decided to try and make in there.

Me? 

Sir...you are only half right...  Not only did I have a pair of LaScalas, I also had a pair of EV Interface D's.

LaScalas can be seen, EV's are in opposite corners.  Yeah, it was pretty badazz...

Animal.jpg

• Like 2

Berkeley and some places in San Francisco are all the more beautiful because there is often music in the air.  Years ago when I said on the Klipsch forum that one guy would put "Knights in White Satin" on infinite repeat starting at about 10 at night, and we could see him through his window in the distance, whirling and leaping in his white cape, a forum member wrote, "That was me."

57 minutes ago, chriswhotakesphotos said:

What kind of potato speakers were they playing with when they decided on that? 

Probably speakers that fit conveniently in a dorm room. So what speakers is she bringing? Heresy?