150 watts maximum

muel

21 hours ago, djk said:

They shut off the power to my room when I would play my 30W Sansu too loud (on my Altec A7's).

I once had 4 Marantz Imperial 7s stacked in the corners and 2 60 watt Kenwood Integrated amps in my dorm room.  Could not hear the dorm daddy pounding on my door.  took an *** chewing for that, with a smile. 

I was thinking a little Dayton amp with Heresy's but she doesn't sound too interested in the size and weight of those.  Might go with the little Klipsch 2.1 promedia and a bluetooth receiver but I'd like to do a little better.  

8 hours ago, muel said:

I was thinking a little Dayton amp with Heresy's but she doesn't sound too interested in the size and weight of those.  Might go with the little Klipsch 2.1 promedia and a bluetooth receiver but I'd like to do a little better.  

Actually, the Promedia 2.1 sounds good, and will play louder than the dorm officials would want it to.  When the authorities respond to noise complaints she could say, "Wait, it only has a 35 w.p.c. amplifier!

We use a Promedia 2.1 attached to the TV/DVD/CD in our bedroom.  After several years, we added EV T35 tweeters (basically the same as the ones -- K77s-- used in La Scalla, Klipschorns, and the discontinued Belles, Cornwall and Heresy Is), along with X36 crossovers (Xover at 3,500 Hz @ 12 dB/octave) and Centralab L pads.  They sound pleasantly brighter.  When one of us has insomnia and the other wants to sleep, the Lpad can be turned up, not down, and the main volume way down, now possible because the boosted tweeter makes speech very clear and intelligible at a very low volume.  That's where the people who make TVs for motels usually get it wrong; several we have seen have severely attenuated treble, meaning travelers who wish to be considerate, and listen at low volume, often can't, so they may turn it up, and the lower midrange, and what bass there is, goes right through the walls.

EDIT:  It turns out the old P 2.1 were 18 wts continuous for the satellites, and 65 wts continuous  for the sub.  The new (Bluetooth) ones are 35 wts continuous for the satellites and 58 wts continuous for the sub.  Hey, everything is below 150 wts.!

• Like 1

i agree that the PM's will surprise you.

My second pair (ahem, my wife's pair) were set atop a cabinet in the living room.  Woofer was inside.  She'd set her Ipad up, turn it up and it would fill the floor (open space) with 'nice' sound.  The room would be boogying a bit but by the time you get to the dining room or kitchen or the other dining room, it subsides to nice background music.  (we're talking around 1,300 sq/ft area)

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Coytee said:

i agree that the PM's will surprise you.

Oh yeah... I got 3 sets for work years ago and 1 for home as well.  They have been running 24/7.  Might get turned off once every couple of years.  They are on battery backup so even power failures don't stop 'em.